Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up New VOR 2005 announced

Volvo builds on the XC90 success with special Volvo Ocean Race edition

The countdown for the second Volvo Ocean Race has begun.

In perfect timing for the Barcelona Boat Show in early November, Volvo Cars is presenting the first in a series of specially designed Volvo Ocean Race models – a Volvo XC90 T6 with unique “ocean blue” livery.

The XC90 will be followed by a Volvo V70 Ocean Race and a Volvo XC70 Ocean Race model.

“The Volvo Ocean Race represents values that reflect what our customers are looking for in their cars. It’s all about an active lifestyle, adventure and passion. The campaign cars radiate all this and we know from experience that they are highly attractive models”, says Gerry Keaney, Senior Vice President Marketing, Sales & Service at Volvo Cars. When the Volvo Ocean Race was held the first time round, the company sold twice as many of its special campaign cars as planned. 4,500 Ocean-Blue Volvo V70 and XC70 models were delivered before the winning boat, “Illbruck”, crossed the finishing line in Kiel, Germany, on 9 June 2002.

Exciting new interior designs

“This time we have an even better offer than before, with particular focus on a range of interior details in exciting materials, for instance blue-tone aluminium inlay panels and upholstery in materials resembling exclusive yachting clothes. With this offer we expect to sell considerably more cars compared to the previous Volvo Ocean Race Edition”, says Gerry Keaney.

As before, the marine atmosphere is radiated by the special Ocean-Blue body colour combined with silver mouldings, roof rails in brushed aluminium and the Volvo Ocean Race emblem on the front doors.

Production of the specially built Volvo Ocean Race models will start in mid June 2005.

This is the first I've heard of this series. Does anyone have any pictures of the past models?

Cool The first photos

Quote Originally Posted by kaos1972
    This is the first I've heard of this series.
    That is because we are the Best Cross Country site on the web. If it is Cross Country related you will almost find out about it here before anyone else knows. There is no need to check any other Volvo site out, because they check us out first and then report the news we have already released.

that color is awesome, almost as good as my magic blue
    2005 XC90 T6 Magic Blue
    Touring Package, Climate Package, Xenon, NAV
    Born into my family: October 29, 2004

I'm strongly considering the magic blue pearl also, but I have not been able to see one in person and it's so hard to discern what it really looks like on a computer screen. My other option is the titanium grey with charcoal interior.

That's one of my few gripes with Vovlo - their colors are not as rich as many of the other luxury car manufacturers. But I guess that isn't what drives consumers to Volvo.

Default not a fan

I looked at the VOR xc70 before i bought my silver xc70 (2003). I did not regret my decision. the blue was a cool at the time but quickly lost its allure. I've ordered the 05 Titanium xc90 (T6 with 18's etc.) now and I am glad that I will not be tempted to consider the VOR edition of the xc90. Yes it is sharp but i think it too will quickly lose its allure. Am I alone on this?

LP
    '05 XC90 T6 Titanium JAMMED (new wheels Dec. 04)
    '05 XC70 silver JAMMED (Wife's new car July 05)

Post To race or not to race; that is the question?

I think the VOR edition has always had something about it, and something that owners of that edition have always been proud of. I suppose it must have something to do with its uniqueness as a numbered club member when ranked amongst other XC's.

It also has that little bit more of a personilised touch to the car, I would not say no to one if I was in the right place at the right time, and the money was right.

volvo doesn't have too good a record with "ocean" endeavors, since they have an entire ship load of them on the bottom of the North Atlantic right now.

Interesting model. Thx for the post.

Mr. P
    Central USA

2004 Volvo 2.5T AWD XC90, Ash Gold, Taupe, 7-seat

Too many other cars to list.

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC
    That is because we are the Best Cross Country site on the web. If it is Cross Country related you will almost find out about it here before anyone else knows. There is no need to check any other Volvo site out, because they check us out first and then report the news we have already released.
    Moin moin. Aah... what's all the ecitement about? This is just a regular note from the Volvo Newsroom, no?

I have another question: Will the XC90 VOR be a MY2005 or 2006? If it would be a MY2006, would the photos tell us that MY2006 will not have any mods? Exterieur at least?

Please enlighten me...

emanon

Smile My05

Quote Originally Posted by emanon
    I have another question: Will the XC90 VOR be a MY2005 or 2006?

Please enlighten me...

emanon
    Production of the Volvo Ocean Race models will start in mid June 2005, which will make it a MY05, MY06 will start in the Fall production line. I also read this to be all models will be available. I think this will be the last facelift of the XC70 as production is due to cease in less than 3 years from now, so if you want a XC70, this might be the model to grab

BTW welcome to the site, it would be helpful for yourself and others to fill in your location, which can be done by going to your User CP box, located in the top left hand section of this screen and fill in location details, then your questions can be answered by 'locals' with regards to local issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast