My dealer has looked at my car twice and cant figure out what the problem is. I have mentioned the issues you guys came up with regarding the tie rod linkage and my dealer pretty much dismisses it. Part of the problem is that I cant get the car to reliably make the noise when I have the service manager in the car. My position, however, is that even if they hear the noise that the still wont be sure where it is coming from until they start tearing into something. They respond that they have these microphones that they can place all over the car to narrow down where the noise is coming from. WEll, with an intermittent noise it's gonna be hard to narow it down. Besides, as far as I am concerned it is clearly coming from the front left wheel area.

We know it is not related to the brakes, it occurs when the car is going straight, and it is not related to the AC. To me it has to be a suspension thing.

Can any of you be more specific about the repair you had done. How hard is it to get to the offending part? Is it obvious that the part is broken?
Any help would be appreciated. I am about to take the car to a non-dealer to have their opinion.

Peter