Default Outside Temperature Reading Wrong

2001 V70 XC with 140K miles: Outside temperature for example reading 28 degrees when it's 80 outside, causing A/C not to function when climate control set to "Auto". Climate control works fine when Auto turned off and set manually.

Read on other threads that it's usually the outside temp sensors located in the side view mirrors need to be replaced. Took it to my Volvo dealer and they're telling me it's the climate control module's |temp sensor inside" and want $1,600 to replace it. That doesn't make sense to me, has anyone else experienced this? If my climate control module was bad, don't you think I'd have other issues with the climate control? Everything else works except Auto, and I'm pretty sure that's because Auto relies on the external temperature to adjust accordingly.

That thermistor is in the Climate Control Module. It can be replaced with a used module, then programmed and checked with VIDA.

If the OAT is reading wrong - and you've replaced the outside temp sensor - then it might be time for a CEM, that routes all those signals...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Quote Originally Posted by Zypee View Post
    Outside temperature for example reading 28 degrees when it's 80 outside, causing A/C not to function when climate control set to "Auto".

Read on other threads that it's usually the outside temp sensors located in the side view mirrors need to be replaced.
    Yes if the CCM thinks it is 28 outside - the compressor won't come on. The sensor for outside temp is in the mirrors. One side is for the fuel injection, the other is for the outsdie temp gauge - sorry, don't remember which side is which. The temp sensor in the CCM is for the inside air temp. Many have found broken wires to the sensors, usually AFTER buying and replacing a part they did not need!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp12.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	9592