Hi all
My 2004 about 6 months ago developed a coolant leak. At first I was hopeful that it was a heater hose. Replaced them. Still had the leak. Figured it was the turbo coolant hoses. So I am currently trying to access those hoses. I have removed all the necessary stuff to remove the angle gear. Have removed the 6 bolts to the drive shaft. The plate with the dirt seal is loose and comes back towards the rear. But there is not enough play to get the center portion free of the angle gear. I have removed the 5 angle gear bolts and actually got the angle clear of the transmission coupling. Have tried every sort of contortion possible to free the angle gear from the drive shaft. Nothing has worked. Even tried removing the 4 bolts from the center support bracket for the carrier bearing and still can't get the angle free.
Was hoping not to have to remove the rear drive shaft connection. What am I doing wrong?

Also need a general idea of where the bent turbo coolant hose is located at? The straight one is easy to access with the angle gear moved, but I have not found where the other hose with the slight bend is located at.

Thanks Brad