Default Srs/air bag issues

First post so hi everyone!

Have a problem with my car airbag service light came on, garage reset it it stayed off then came back on and i realised it was the same time as we folded the rear seats . It reset stayed of then we came on a third time again after we folded the back seats.

This time a red warning light accompanied the message, this time it would not reset , codes say centre seatbelt high resistance and ecu fault.

In have taken the centre belt out snd it measures 2.4 ohms , which i believe is about right . I have bought a used back seat from a car which showed no faults and swopped it with the one in the car but light is still on .

Any suggestions where to try next

Hello. I assume that you purchased seat which was the same as yours(meaning that seat belt numbers were exact or interchangeable). It would be of a great help if you would be able to erase the code and see if the fault will appear again. If your repair shop/garage charges you lots of money and you plan to keep your volvo(by the way it is always helpful to include year,model, specific option package in your post)I would buy from eBay or Amazon icarsoft scanner specific for volvo. I just bought one for $130 or so and like it a lot. Or if you a computer savvy obtain yourself a Chinese clone of Vida/Dice and you will be able to read the codes and erase them as well as have some instructions how to fix it.
    Given the fact that we have cause-effect relation here between you folding the seat and light appear, I doubt that your seat is at fault honestly. I would blame electrical wiring that goes to the seat first. But let's hope it was a seat, now erase the code and let's see what will happen. I once again would advocate for icarsoft or dice clone scanner so you can avoid paying shops for simple code check and erase.
    Hope helps a little. Keep us posted what you will find

Quote Originally Posted by vova View Post
    Hello. I assume that you purchased seat which was the same as yours(meaning that seat belt numbers were exact or interchangeable). It would be of a great help if you would be able to erase the code and see if the fault will appear again. If your repair shop/garage charges you lots of money and you plan to keep your volvo(by the way it is always helpful to include year,model, specific option package in your post)I would buy from eBay or Amazon icarsoft scanner specific for volvo. I just bought one for $130 or so and like it a lot. Or if you a computer savvy obtain yourself a Chinese clone of Vida/Dice and you will be able to read the codes and erase them as well as have some instructions how to fix it.
    Given the fact that we have cause-effect relation here between you folding the seat and light appear, I doubt that your seat is at fault honestly. I would blame electrical wiring that goes to the seat first. But let's hope it was a seat, now erase the code and let's see what will happen. I once again would advocate for icarsoft or dice clone scanner so you can avoid paying shops for simple code check and erase.
    Hope helps a little. Keep us posted what you will find
    Hi Thanks for the reply the car is late 2007, to be honest i can’t remember the spec! we bought it a few years back as a second car as I had a job with a long commute and we saw it advertised one owner and 32k miles so grabbed it we have taken it to 85k and so far its been faultless .

I believe the reels and cabling in the seat is the same hence swopping as one , I suspect cabling rather that anything but cant see where it could be damaged the connections is on the bottom corner of the seat and that looks good .

What are these code readers?

Just been to the garage nothing has changed despite swopping out all the potential points of failure in the back seat its still showing srs 0007c fault code

Sorry for your troubles. Driving without srs is not much fun. I think it might be best to pay dealer for 1-2 hours of labor and let them fix it(my view may not be very popular here). Another alternative is to get yourself preferably vida/dice clone or icarsoft or similar tool capable of erasing the codes rather than paying garage each time to erase the code.
    Let's think out loud here. Code is present with both seats. I would measure the resistance with multimeter on both tensioners and if they are the same would likely consider them both in good working order(especially that you removed the other one from the car without issues). I would then carefully inspect the srs connector to the tensioner. Make sure there is no oxidation, it was fully seated, the male-female connector pieces are not bent on the side of connector and tensioner. Trace the srs wire as much as you can and note any wire damage/kinks indicating broken wire. You can spray electric wire cleaner spray at the srs connector to eliminate possibility of oxidation as an issue. You can gentle pull on the srs connector wire assuring it is not rotten inside the plug and hidden from view by rubber seals. Of course all those manipulations should be done with battery negative disconnected not to add more new codes. If all looks good, you can go and cut the srs wire with plug from that same donor car and solder them(I belive volvo permits srs wire repair and not like toyota yelling that entire harness should be replaced). Please keep us posted what you will find.
    Found this link. I never had to replace srs module or reset it, but it is possible that you might need it vases on article. Hopefully some other members will chipping. In case no luck,try MathewsVolvo site and post it there.
    https://www.youcanic.com/volvo-srs-airbag-light-stays/

Looks like in USA people charge $45-75 for srs module reset.

Another link which might be helpful a little
    https://www.justanswer.com/volvo/1ku...g-service.html

I like the idea of test resistor that mechanic is talking I. Above link. I think those can be bought on ebay for $5
    Last edited by vova; 04-01-2023 at 08:49 PM.