Default 2010 XC70 3.2 rear differential compatibility - What other yrs models fit?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with what years and model cars have rear carriers that fit my 2010 XC70 3.2. Most salvage yards list compatible cars but they are not always the same and Volvo's parts site lists many more that have the same part number. The reason I don't trust the Volvo site is the replacement rear is a reconditioned one that is ordered by Vin #. For example Volvo says a 2012 XC60 rear is the same part # but salvage yards interchange number is different and have told me it won't fit. Does anyone know what really will interchange as there are more 2011 and 2012 lower miles rears than 2008-2010? The rear on my car failed due to the large steel plug for the Haldex (looks like a freeze plug) fell out and it dumped the oil and ruined everything including the case. My car has just over 100k and I don't want to put a high milage rear in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm looking into this now, apparently you can rebuild with parts from Land Rover LR2, same rear diff. So maybe you could find a whole rear diff from that model?

I would try contacting erievovo salvage yard and they would most likely have correct part for you. Plus they will give you lifetime replacement warranty on it. Nice and knowledgeable people.
    Or looks like this people fix them as well. You can try to find someone local to do the same.
    https://atlanticmotorcar.com/casestu...-and-solution/
    Last edited by vova; 03-31-2023 at 08:52 PM.

I recently had mine rebuilt. Has been flawless since then. There are local shops here and there that will do it. There's also a place on the east coast that you can send your busted one into and they'll rebuild and send back. In my case a rebuild was about $3k Canadian. A used diff from a wrecker was about $1200 plus labour to install. Used diff is just a ticking time bomb in my opinion on these cars. Clearly a very common issue that should've been recalled.