Default Swapping / converting rear fog lights RHD for LRD on XC60 10/2008 2.4D 163BHP

Hi,

This might have been already resolved but could not find anything on this forum.

Basically, I've moved back to the EU from UK and brought my precious UK RHD Volvo XC60 2.4D 163BHP first reg 10/2008. I intend to export/register it locally to use when 4x4 is needed such as heavy snow etc. and have already bought both brand new Valeo LHD headlights. However, I am unable to switchover rear red fog light from right (currently active off-side/driver) to left (near-side/passenger). Both sides have fitted complete rear fog lights i.e. wiring, sockets, bulbs but left remains inactive which is correct so people don't confuse then with brake lights. Anyone knows what needs to be done and where to swap the sides (am presuming electrical change is needed like swapping plugs?) so the left one becomes active and right disabled?

I can't find anything in the menu and haven't looked at any wires.

Many thanks in advance for all suggestions,
    David
    Last edited by davss; 11-03-2022 at 03:12 AM.

If the rear fogs are wired in on both sides then it may be a matter of programming at a Volvo dealer.

I was trying to avoid going to Volvo and thought it might be a simple thing to do... will only go there if I don't find any solution on forums. I have had bad experiences with dealer service and they wanted to replace expensive parts that were fine just because they don't bother to investigate problems properly - I must have saved by now a lot of money and the car has never failed me not even once and things are done better that previous Volvo did in particular on faulty brakes that could have killed me and my family! This is Edinburgh dealership and have better experience with England but am now in EU and don't want to test dealerships' work here unless it's really necessary.

Its non functioning but has a bulb etc?

Thats weird. I'd be temped to make up a jumper cable from the current functioning side and run the wire to the non functioning side. If there is no bulb there, just move it over.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)