Default PCV kit and Stater replacement...Anything else I should replace?

Greetings Everyone,

On my 02 (250k Miles), I plan on replacing the PCV box/kit in addition to the starter.
    I would also like to replace any hoses or vacuum lines in the area, while I have the intake manifold off; ( I've already replaced the throttle body module)...Should I replace anything else?

If my question has been asked before, would you please be as so kind as to point, to where I can find the most up-to-date information on the PCV kit replacement?
    As I understand it...There's some type of check valve I need to be aware of, as the check valve can fail and cause some sort of piston damage.

Thank's in advance and cheers

Here is the PCV info on my rehosted website. Has lots of tips for the hard parts (threading back banjo bolt, lower IM bolt on passenger side) https://sites.google.com/view/howard...h.fcsx6o95qkam

As I recall, the chec kball banjo bolt has had cases where the ball got loose, sucked into the engine and destroyed it. Maybe rare? don't know. Here is fcp's pictures for how the check ball is secured. I'd imagine the inserted bar for the checkball got loose and it and the ball probably both came out and sucked into the engine. Might consider just cleaning your old one and live with it.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...BoC0kYQAvD_BwE

Since you are in Sammamish and been to my house once before, welcome to come by and I'll tell you what I remember from 10+ years ago. Did this job 2x. Once on an 02 V70XC, the tube connecting to banjo bolt on that car was so brittle, it snapped and broke as soon as tried to remove it.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

I would suggest rebuilding the alternator, because you do want to unbolt it and shift left or even remove before you attempt to screw in the banjo bolt.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    I would suggest rebuilding the alternator, because you do want to unbolt it and shift left or even remove it before you attempt to screw in the banjo bolt.
    Much appreciated!
    I've already fitted my car with a new alternator and power steering pump.

I would replace using the updated 2020 banjo bolt , and thermostat.
    Hers- 04 XC70 2.5T, 300KM
    His- 04 S60 2.4, 310KM