Default 2006 XC70 Timing from scratch

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 xc70 with a 2.5t. I bought a used head with both intake and exhaust CVVT hubs (seperate and not installed on camshafts) I was wondering how i can set the timing on this engine basicaly from scratch? Did some reading online and couldn't find how it's done?
    Are head bolts torque to yield in this engine?
    Any help is always appreciated!
    Thank you in advance!

Charles

Line up the crank pulley marks, put the head on with NEW torque to yield head bolts, paint the top of the head using a roller with the correct sealant, install the cams loosely, squirt tiny amounts of oil where the cams will touch and spin, install the cam alignment tool, use the cam cover push down tools or another method to pull the and torque the cam cover into place. Then you can install the VVT hubs/other cam belt components exactly following VIDA.
    directions.

You might want to connect the water line/pipe to the back of the head before cam installation - it's much easier to get to before all the timing stuff is put back on the front of the engine. Water test the valves to make sure they seat before installation - and are you SURE the valves are adjusted correctly? Are the tappets numbered or anything? If you have noticed there is no good way to check valve clearances without dismantling the head, unless you have a cut up cam cover to bolt on top hold the cam down.
    Last edited by hoonk; 07-15-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Hello Hoonk and Thank you for your reply!

Do i align both camshafts in the back (driver side) just for the locking tool to fit and then install both VVT hubs?
    Good point on the tappets! I had them in order when i was doing the cleaning after lapping all valves. Somehow i got two tappets mixed up (intake/exhaust) After measuring couple of tappets with a micrometer, i was able to correct the isuue.
    I wish i had VIDA maybe the job would be much easier! I did lot of readings online though and watched YouTube videos as well.

Thank you again and may God bless!
    Last edited by Charle; 07-15-2021 at 09:59 PM.