Default Throttle position sensor code and now car won’t stay running

Earlier I was driving and my 2001 XC70 was hesitating/stumbling a little bit when you let off the gas. I checked the codes when I got home and had a P0121 along with a P1238 code. The P0121 is for the throttle position sensor. I reset the codes and now the car won’t stay running. If I disconnect the connector for the mass air flow sensor it will stay running but it’s very rough. Not sure what is going on here and if I have multiple problems. I haven’t found a lot of info on the throttle position sensor but it sounds like most people have to have the ETM repaired when this happens. Any help you guys have would be appreciated.

Yep - sounds like it's Throttle module time - When was yours last replaced? and do you know of xemodex products? I think early Volvo throttle modules was their first product years ago.

As far as I know it’s never been replaced. Would that cause it to not stay running?

Yes, the throttle plate can not allow enough air for the engine to run. There is no set screw or "base idle" setting on those modules like all earlier throttle plates had.

xemodex (https://xemodex.com/us/product/elect...re-programmed/)

offers diagnostic info - at the above website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01etm diag.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	9494

On a side note does anyone know how I can get my moonroof closed. I had it open when I got home and reset the codes and now I can’t get it to close.