Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by K_G_1 View Post
    I have a set of led bulbs in mine. They are definitely brighter than the halogen bulbs I've tried. They also are not blinding to oncoming traffic, as I checked that by having my wife drive toward me while I was in a second car. You will need to buy a resistor to go with them if you want to avoid a permanent "Bulb Out" message.

The picture shows the headlights with One of the Led bulbs in the driver's side and a standard halogen on the passenger side.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q24LVDM..._Scvg6uH6O9qLB

Here is the resistor set I bought with them:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BMWJGGN..._Fdvh5SaHpeKvl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210322_202422440.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	9411
    Are you aware of any good write ups on performing this upgrade? Thanks!

A write up is not really required beyond the normal painful process of changing bulbs in the XC70. Both the LED bulbs and the resistors come with plugs that attach to the factory wiring harness. Install the LED bulb same as a normal bulb, plug the resistor into the pig tail on the LED, and the vehicle wiring harness into the resistor. It's a little bit of a tight squeeze, but everything is plug and play, and fits into the existing bulb housing/lens assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by K_G_1 View Post
    A write up is not really required beyond the normal painful process of changing bulbs in the XC70. Both the LED bulbs and the resistors come with plugs that attach to the factory wiring harness. Install the LED bulb same as a normal bulb, plug the resistor into the pig tail on the LED, and the vehicle wiring harness into the resistor. It's a little bit of a tight squeeze, but everything is plug and play, and fits into the existing bulb housing/lens assembly.
    My bulbs arrived today. Very dumb question here. These have the Canbus attached directly to bulb, I’m assuming the resistor (arrives tomorrow) just goes directly between the canbus and the factory Volvo connection? Thanks!