1. Car lost acceleration while on highway within five miles of my filling up the gas tank. Engine service message came on. I did not see any smoke. Wifey who was driving at time mentioned a maybe skipping or shaking feeling when she took foot off gas pedal. Prior, I drove about over 30 minutes to do a couple hour hike and after hike headed about 10 minutes to a nearby gas station - both those drives appeared without incident. Car has less than 140K total miles. I had it flat bed towed to my service place to deal with Monday. Thoughts of potential problem and fix repair?

2. Afther the flat bed deposited my car at the service place, I noticed on the parking lot there a mostly-rubber bulbous stopper looking thing that had a Volvo imprint. I saved it and put it in my cup holder so did not get a chance to take a photo. Seems about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Also not sure it came from my car versus already sitting in parking lot but I'm pretty sure I did not see it prior so maybe more likely from my car. What the heck is it?