I recently replaced both of my front drive shafts, I scribed make on the struts to get everything back as close as possible as when I started. That was good enough for then, as I was going to replace the tires too. New tires are on, and now I need an alignment.

I've only had it aligned once in 193K miles, and it's driven nice and tread wear has been pretty OK. When I did the one alignment, I went to the dealership because I figured they would be good at Volvo's, right? I saw the monkey doing it trying to loosen the tie rod cinch nut without holding the tie rod, he was just levering against the rod's ball joint. I ran out in the shop and stopped him, made him get a wrench to hold the rod. I stood there and told him which way to turn the rod to get the adjustment right. It was incredible that I was paying for that... Anyhoo, he told me that there are no adjustments on the rear, you can only check and hope it's close. At that point, even if there had been a way to adjust, I wouldn't have let him try. Fortunately, mine came out within spec.

Sooo... Can you actually adjust the rear suspension? I put the car on my lift to quirt down all possible rear bolts and screws with Kroil penetrant, but didn't see any joints with cams or slide joints. Looking at the suspension from the bottom, it seemed like a bunch of linkages that looked like there were too many to actually move like a 4-bar! If it's possible, does someone have a link to instructions? I would print them so the tech would have a starting point.

Thanks.