Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    I would be willing to bet you simply have a bad compressor control valve.
    Yep, my issue was, simply, a bad AC Compressor Control Valve. $550 later.

The initial AC inspection did not consist of much, the tech mentioned that the high pressure Schrader valve broke off and spewed freon everywhere...I was the one that had to fish out the broken portion in order to put a replacement valve in. He initially scared me with the possible necessity of replacing a bunch of AC tubing ($950) worth of repairs and still no fix for the AC. In the end, the "assessment/inspection" consisted of removing the freon from the system, refilling the freon, checking for a leak, and the mechanic telling me he wanted to replace the entire compressor (NOT the AC Pressure Control Valve, this was my idea). No checking of electricity to the wire terminals or even simply checking to see if the high and low pressure sensors that relay information to the AC Pressure Control Valve were working.

Oh, and the local dealer had THREE different part numbers for the valve...I made sure to get the valve that was made in Poland (31436166). NOT: 31365093 (which was the first one they ordered, made in Japan), nor 31305844.
    Last edited by terand_1; 10-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.