Default 2007 XCV70 No am Radio:

Just acquired this car. with 167k miles.
    Only issues are, fog lights not working, and am side of radio has No reception. FM mode is fine.
    When I press the am button, station preset buttons or scan mode nothing happens.
    I'm wondering if there's an antenna issue or Is there a programming process for the am side of radio?
    Thanks for your attention.
    Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Lewis View Post
    Just acquired this car. with 167k miles.
    Only issues are, fog lights not working, and am side of radio has No reception. FM mode is fine.
    When I press the am button, station preset buttons or scan mode nothing happens.
    I'm wondering if there's an antenna issue or Is there a programming process for the am side of radio?
    Thanks for your attention.
    Dana
    AM radiowaves are very long -- the length of a football field, so there isn't any external antenna for an AM receiver. That points to a failed component in the radio. A good replacement unit can be found by Googling the "HU xxx" model number of your radio.

Sounds like the head unit is bad. A used unit would be the way to go. Make sure it’s the same year (for both color and compatibility).

A place like Erie Vovo, which has a huge selection of used parts and a lifetime guarantee is the way to go.

It’s an easy job, but disconnect the battery first. When you take out the Climate Control module below it (for screw access) you interrupt the CAN BUS. If electricity is flowing between modules, this interruption will cause an airbag (SRS) warning that can only be reset by VIDA...

Ask me how I know...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (130K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (58K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (147K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (247K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (300K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (230K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)