Default Driver's door lock gone bonkers

2006 XC70, 98,000 miles. The driver's door lock has become an alien. Frequently when I exit the car, if the other 3 doors are locked, the driver's door will lock itself. That happened once when I the car was parked and running, and I hopped out for 15 seconds to check a tire. Had to call AAA. Also, when I get in the car, frequently the driver's door will lock itself. If I pull up the lock knob to unlock it, it will go back down. If I do that move 3 times the door will stay unlocked.
    What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Morph View Post
    2006 XC70, 98,000 miles. The driver's door lock has become an alien. Frequently when I exit the car, if the other 3 doors are locked, the driver's door will lock itself. That happened once when I the car was parked and running, and I hopped out for 15 seconds to check a tire. Had to call AAA. Also, when I get in the car, frequently the driver's door will lock itself. If I pull up the lock knob to unlock it, it will go back down. If I do that move 3 times the door will stay unlocked.
    What's going on?
    My 15 years experience says your master controller - the drivers door module has become faulty, if you wish a fix that will only be effected by replacing it. Look for a preowned unit with the exact part number - there are several modifications.

This is perfectly installable by the DIY home mechanic but you will need to be patient and not go at it like a bull-in-a-china-shop. Removing door cards and plastic fittings (all reusable with care is fiddly and removing the mechanical linkage wth the modula (*odding spell changer will alter that to "modula") needs the utmost care. Start by disconnecting the battery despite what others say. You should not need Vida/DiCE. If you have done it right it will all work, though you may need it to recalibrate the electronic safty catchon rear doors and on window travel and return position. Incedentally, Vida says my car does not have auto locking, it does, it also has child safty settings operated from the MC on rear doorlocks and the dash buttin for Volvo guard that turns of the volumetric sensor and deadbolt system (with an LED when activated) and deadbolts
    I have twice dismantled and cleaned my master unit each time with 100% success but then my father was an electronics expert and I grew up with dismantling electronics components as my childhood hobby. Good luck!