Default Haldex oil level

OK finally got a chance to change out the haldex oil in the 2004 xc. Was injured working, finally recovered enough to crawl under the car. Lol.
    Seems there is different information on the oil level. I have read fill the haldex till it runs out, install plug. Fill till runs out and remove 40 ml, install plug. Fill till runs out, install plug, drive, re-check oil level, remove 40 ml.
    What exactly is the correct level?

Thanks Brad

This is, as you can see from the date of the pdf at the bottom, a printout from the 2010 version of Vadis.
    It's in Dutch, it says to fill until full and then to remove 0.1L/100mL.
    Pages from Volvo XC70 vloeistoffen vervangen.pdf
    I can't remember if it's about the Haldex coupling or the final drive, but when sucking out oil from at least
    one of them, you have to be careful that the plastic tube doesn't get jammed. Inset carefully and try to
    retract a bit often so you can feel it's still free.
    Last edited by Willy; 07-28-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Thanks got it filled. Drove it around a bit. Put it up on blocks to level it. Took plug out and some fluid ran out. Waited till it was dripping. Pulled between 40 - 50 ml out. Still have to measure to be sure. The ml marks on syringe wore off. Picked up new measuring cup today.
    Wasn't sure if the haldex had been serviced before. The car has over 220000. The filter top was the new style. Evidently looking at the old fluid, it had been serviced. The oil I took out was almost as clear as the new fluid. At least now I know the fluid is good.

Also it is the rear drive (differential) that you have to be careful with the suction tube. I had no problem with sucking the oil out of the haldex. One thing I did note is that I put near half qt of new fluid in, but sucked out only a portion of a half qt. Will measure tomorrow and see what the difference is. Possibly the oil was a bit low or its because I need to still remove 40-60 ml.

Wish I could have gotten to the filter. Near impossible without removing the exhaust, drive shaft and harmonic dampener. Also one of the bolts in the filter cap was stripped out. A 4 mm hex wrench was loose. After looking at it and then seeing the old oil, I feel fairly confident that the filter had been changed as well as the fluid
    Thanks again
    Brad

I had to replace the temp/pressure sensor on my Haldex. At 200k miles, the Haldex oil was very clean so I figured it must have been serviced before I got the car. I also replaced my Angle gear oil and that was definitely brown and dirty.

I still have to change the rear differential oil. Hey Brad, just curious, did you find the oil in your rear diff to be dirty or was it pretty clean like your Haldex oil?
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car