Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default oookay

I sincerely hope that you are wrong on this one AWD*V70XC, cuz the FREESTYLE is one ugly car IMO.....
    I don't think that Volvo would ever just "REBADGE" a FORD and pass it on as a VOLVO. That's GM's trick Like what they did with the SAAB 9-2, and 9-7.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Thumbs up Really!!

Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420
    I sincerely hope that you are wrong on this one AWD*V70XC, cuz the FREESTYLE is one ugly car IMO.....
    I don't think that Volvo would ever just "REBADGE" a FORD and pass it on as a VOLVO. That's GM's trick Like what they did with the SAAB 9-2, and 9-7.
    inft420, let's take your quote and rearrange it correctly. I sincerely hope that you are wrong on this one AWD*V70XC My 'contacts/sources' have revealed to me that this is the future XC to replace the current XC70 when its life expires in approx two years time. cuz the FREESTYLE is one ugly car IMO..... stand back and look at the car without looking at the ford badge. What can you see You can see the front bumper of a XC70, you can see the roof rails. you can see the lines of a modified XC70 but in a XC90 shell. You can see the high side lines of a XC. You can see the space in a XC inside. I don't think that Volvo would ever just "REBADGE" a FORD and pass it on as a VOLVO. You are right Ford would never rebadge a car and pass it off as a Volvo but, Volvo is owned by Ford and what you are seeing is a 'rebadged' Volvo passed off as a Ford.

In principle the car is ALL Volvo. To start with it is a Volvo chasis, then it has the Haldex AWD system that all Volvo's have, it has a new rollover protection system that has been introduced in response to 'problems' arising from 'rolled' XC90's where it was stated the cage did not have enough protection to protect the rear passengers. It has all the airbags of a XC and new ones added to the rear half of the car for greater passenger protection. It will have an 'all new' diesel engine that will work in the States and Europe alike, thus capturing a wider market, ie Americans and diesel engines. One big change in the inside will be the middle seat arrangement. It will look nothing like the Ford set up but more like the present XC90 seating arrangement. It will also have the third row of seats like the 90. The audio system will have new plug-ins to add the likes of MP3's/iPod's. It will have all round dvd/games console style screen in the headrests. It will have Volvo features that only Volvo have designed like BLIS, water repellent glass, LED lights to the rear and Xenons to the front. A new ECU that makes the car fully automated incorperating 'on-line' monitoring of the car and relaying info back to the dealer including service details. The present Volvo on call system will be intregrated more in the car rather than an add on. And the Volvo will be the only car to have an anti-collision system built into it as standard. One of the new features to set sales rocketing over its Ford counterpart.

IT'S ALL VOLVO but built in a US Ford plant to allow production of the present 90/70 line produce all 90's to meet demand on a Worldwide basis.

It's not a rebadged Ford but a Volvo rebadged as a Ford for the sake of producing a winner in the Ford stable who are in trouble in the cars sales ladder.

I for one will have my name on the order book for one of the first ones delivered into the UK, I think it will be better than the present XC70 with the lines of a XC90. It will not be a poor mans XC90 but a 4x4 to be enjoyed by those who do not want to go for large 4x4 SUV's.

BTW fancy taking your car into the Ford dealer for a service. Keep a look out for all in one dealer/service centres coming to a town near you.

Now, please say you like it

Default LR Freelander ?

Err - wasn't the Ford Freestyle said to be based on the Land Rover Freelander; the car that the LR director (of something or other) said would have zero defects or he would quit ?

It didn't, and he didn't.....

Doesn't get my vote - yet!
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

TrueBlue

You are more or less correct. From what I have heard the XC50/60, Freelander and Freestyle will all be sharing the next generation Ford Focus platform. I think what you will find is that each manufacturer will have their own unique selling points and will focus on promoting those to their customers.

I doubt that you will get what we used to have in the past where it was just 'badge engineering' and it was basically the same vehicle. Volvo will still build extra safety features in and Land Rover extra off-road features, can't think what Ford will do though .

I am a Freelander owner and am looking to the future and what I may get next. I am very happy with it but after owning two I fancy a change. Also as I never go off road and only need four wheel drive for the bad snow we get up here I thought I would consider an AWD estate. This maybe explains why I am on this forum looking for information and trying to find out just what is happening.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Andy.

Default Not at all.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Andy.[/QUOTE]

Jumpers in are always welcome, Andy.

A fine part of the country you are based in, if I may say. I'm well overdue a visit to the that glorious region - normally in search of birds; the feathered kind, of course.

Sounds like the XC range would be a good choice for you. Happy pondering and welcome to this friendly little corner of the internet.
    Slender
    '02 S80

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC
    Now, please say you like it
    man... AWD*V70XC, as much as I like you. I will still take this

Over this anyday...

It looks too much like the Acura MDX and ML320, which I also dislike the styling. The XC70 on the other hand, is unique; you won't see a hint of any other brand/model on its styling.

Even the wheels are almost the same!!!!

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Default XC60 info on N.J. Volvo dealer's Website

I stumbled on this little bit of informatioin on a New Jersey Volvo dealer's webpage.
    I know it's just an artist's view of the model, but I must say it's a good-looking little SUV.

New Jersey Volvo Dealer's
    '01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite Leather, Nokian WRs
    '09 XC70/Ice White/Sandstone Leather,VCOA

Default New XC?

If this is the direction Volvo wants to take us...I'm going to follow Irv Gordon, at least until the 2 Million mile mark...
    Jon

Thumbs up Official announcement made???

Volvo is planning a full scale assault on the sports utility vehicle market with 4x4 versions of their two most popular models.

The V50 based XC50 and the sporty XC60 will join the existing XC90 in the Swedish stable. And with prices starting at around £20,000, both will rival established premium brands like BMW and Land Rover.

The company says the huge success of the XC90 has ensured the new models get top priority. The XC50 should be on sale in 2006, with the XC60 two years later. Both will feature rugged off-road looks and raised ride height.
    I think I was right on both counts, just was not told that it was two new models they were bring out. Ah well, at least this should make everyone happy now

Post I have said it before

Ford Motor Co. desperately needs the all-new 2005 Five Hundred sedan and Freestyle wagon to succeed.

If all goes according to plan, the roomy new models will be the first step in a campaign to reverse a decade-long decline in Ford car sales. If they fail, it's a huge setback to Ford's plan to regain competitiveness in a market where it once set the pace.

The Five Hundred and Freestyle will also show if Ford can deliver on its promise that its luxury brands such as Volvo will improve all the company's vehicles.

The Five Hundred and Freestyle are based on the same architecture as Volvo's hot-selling -- and much more expensive -- XC90 crossover wagon. An architecture is a set of components and structures that can be used to build a wide variety of vehicles.

The new cars borrow a number of pieces from Volvo's parts bin, including rollover sensors and its very effective all-wheel-drive system.

Ford can build about 250,000 cars annually at the Chicago plant that assembles the Five Hundred and Freestyle. That plant will also build versions of the two cars for Ford's Mercury brand -- the Montego sedan and a wagon whose name has not been revealed.

The Ford brand sold fewer than 800,000 cars in the United States last year, down from nearly 1.4 million in 1995. The Five Hundred and Freestyle won't reverse that sorry trend, but they can at least stanch the bleeding and lay the groundwork for the higher-volume midsize cars Ford will introduce over the next several years.

"Ford has a lot of balls in the air," said Jim Hall, vice president for industry analysis in the Southfield office of consultant AutoPacific. "They should do much better with the Five Hundred and Freestyle. It'll be interesting to see."
    Let's see how long they can keep from mentioning Vovlo!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast