Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

OK it seems to be a non-existing and maybe never existing car, concept ACC
    I'm afraid the new XC50 will not at all look so great

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...new-volvo-xc60

A little something.....

The question is WHAT?

If my08, then thats going to be a busy year for Volvo if the xc70/v70 gets replaced then as well
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Help please Cameron, your first paragraph says XC50 uses C1 platform, second para: says EUCD. Is this a typo or have I missed some definition or whatever?

To me S40, V50 = Ford Focus platform,
    XC70, S60, V70, S80? and XC90? use another (doubtful about the last two).

It's not exactly a show stopper but nice to know.
    You are right Mike, according to todays Autoexpress the XC60 is based on the Freelander from Range Rover, of course also part of Ford.

See the full text here along with pics, also has blurb on the new XC70, sounds like a press release to me.

Heres the text in case the link goes:-
    The firm's striking new compact SUV has been influenced by the popularity of its full-sized off-roader, and looks every inch the miniature XC90.
    It's likely to share its range of petrol and diesel engines with the Land Rover, and this will include a 158bhp 2.2-litre diesel, plus Volvo's latest 230bhp six-cylinder petrol powerplant
    Set to make its world debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January, it gets a traditional Volvo grille at the front. This is joined by smart projector-style headlamps, while the pronounced shoulder line is another trademark styling cue.

The newcomer is expected to wear the XC60 badge, rather than being called the XC50 - as was previously thought - and will borrow heavily from the look of its big brother.

Despite the family resemblance, the new model will actually share its under­pinnings with the new Freelander from sister company Land Rover. This running gear will also be used in a fresh compact SUV from parent firm Ford. The chassis design will ensure the Volvo has decent performance in the rough stuff, but while the Freelander offers unrivalled mud-plugging ability, the XC60 will focus on safety.

It's likely to share its range of petrol and diesel engines with the Land Rover, and this will include a 158bhp 2.2-litre diesel, plus Volvo's latest 230bhp six-cylinder petrol powerplant.

Our spies have also been following a heavily disguised proto­type of the new XC70 undergoing testing in the US. Its egg-crate grille is clearly visible through the heavy plastic cladding, and the jacked-up crossover model is expected to feature sleek S80-inspired styling.

The new soft-roader is based on the next-generation V70 estate, and our image below reveals how that model will look. Key features will include a tra­ditional upright rear windscreen, high-mounted tail-light clusters and a full complement of safety kit.

The current load-lugging V70 is one of the oldest models in the company's line-up. Its replacement - including the tall-riding XC70 - is expected to hit Volvo showrooms next year.
    Car 1 XC70 Weekdays for the wife / me weekends
    Car 2 New Honda Civic Diesel, great fun for use to and from work!

Angry It's all Ford's fault

Help please Cameron, your first paragraph says XC50 uses C1 platform, second para: says EUCD. Is this a typo or have I missed some definition or whatever?

Mike, the EUCD platform is a Ford terminology for common platforms amongst the PAG group. I hate to think I am driving a V50 with a Focus chassis but alas no, the chassis (as far as I know) as all Volvo designs interbred into other brands, phew that's better.

Arrow Well it's sort of like this...

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    You are right Mike, according to todays Autoexpress the XC60 is based on the Freelander from Range Rover, of course also part of Ford.

Somehow I cannot see the name XC60 being used, because, as I have stated before, 7 & 9 range cars are odd numbers and Volvo are making cars fit into odd & even number ranges. 40, 60 & 80 ranges being the small, mid & exec cars, 50, 70 & 90 being estate/Cross Country's and the 30 range being the sporty hatch range or taster range for getting more younger people into the Volvo fold.

The ?30 is going to have quite a few varients to satify even the hardest of buyers who see Volvo as the outside lane hugging tanks of old. The sportiest ?30 will compete against the Audi A3 and could be the S30. The H30 will be a 3 door version pitted against the Civic (Honda)/Astra (Opel/Vauxhall/GM). Althought I have not heard of any plans for a V30 I have heard rumours of a XC30 whic would be similar to the Toyota Tercel from manys years ago. It would be bigger than the Fiat Panda 4x4 with more space aiming at the weekend sports family you want to take a trip to the water for the weekend or up a mountain.

As for a XC60, I can't see it being called that - but I will stand corrected if need be.

Arrow It's a little clearer now

Mike have a look at the post I have just done in the site wide news for more info on the EUCD platform, I don't think you will like it, now. Just remember where you read it first here September 3rd.

Also notice the talk of the XC50 again and not a XC60, and the re splashed (re-muscled) XC70.

Default No, it's not true

Quote Originally Posted by balky View Post

is this really true?????
    This is not true, not even close! Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. So, don't worry, this ugly vehicle will not be released, not by Volvo anyways.

I have seen the future of Volvo designs and it LOOKS GOOD!

Thumbs up Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Keden View Post
    This is not true, not even close! Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. So, don't worry, this ugly vehicle will not be released, not by Volvo anyways.

I have seen the future of Volvo designs and it LOOKS GOOD!
    Welcome back, long time since you were here last

A you can see there is the old school who like the usually brick shape with some modern rounded corners of course and then there are the new comers, who I think are company drivers.

It is good news that we will like some of the new designs and of course any photos you can supply would always be welcome, but please, it is not worth your job to leak any embargoed images.

I look forward to some insight into the World of Volvo

Default New video of the XC60

Well it has been a while but at last a serious video which shows off the beauty of the things to come and if most of it is put into a new XC model then I am putting my order in as soon as the books are opened. Cool designs, cool features - cool car. What do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrMV...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC View Post
    Well it has been a while but at last a serious video which shows off the beauty of the things to come and if most of it is put into a new XC model then I am putting my order in as soon as the books are opened. Cool designs, cool features - cool car. What do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrMV...eature=related
    Errrrr, yeah
    This is about 2 to 3 years old now. Talking about the new XC which was released 6 months ago. They were talking two years in the future
    in thiis video.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast