Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

Hello

I’m a perspective XC70 purchaser but do not know much about buying Volvos.  My local dealer has several good candidates on his lot and after taking a test drive the other day--I am getting ready to pull the trigger.  I’m not looking to get the world’s best deal, but do not want to be taken either.  I was wondering if new XC70’s typically sell at a discount from sticker and/or is there anything that is important to consider before taking the plunge.

TIA,

DanO

Default Imported post

DanO:

WELCOME

I suspect that the MSRP-Invoice for the XC70 is somewhere between $3000 to $4000. You should be able to negotiate a price between these two.

Obviously your local market supply/demand will have an influence on how well you do in getting the low price.

You shouldn't have to pay more than MSRP and I would start at Invoice + $500 and go from there. If dealership has a ton of XC70s on the lot and sales person doesn't budge then walk away. A good time to approach a dealership is toward end of month as they have monthly sales quotas

Never show too much interest and indicate you're willing to walk away to think about things.

Consider an OSD purchase as the prices are discounted and aren't negotiable and you can save at least $3000 off MSRP and design/spec the car EXACTLY how you want it.

Good luck.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

OSD is guarenteed best price and no presssure on pricing--it is a set price and you get exactaly what you want--when I was in Sweden to pick up my car there was a couple who just came for their car & their free night--test drove their car and left it to be sent back and went home the next day--great savings & a good experience
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

You can also use the OSD option as leverage....if you MUST have the car NOW!  IF you can wait, and do not mind travelling to the factory to pick it up... then go the OSD route!  Amazing experience and a free trip to boot.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Thumbs up Imported post

Thanks for the quick and informative replies  Unfortunately, our schedule will not allow for European travel this summer (actually, it’s Swedish friends that are coming here for a visit/U.S. tour with us in August).  Is there any way to order OSD without traveling?  I really like no-haggle purchasing (1st car was a Saturn) and can wait…but not too long (wife is now w/o transportation).

Is Volvo offering 2.9% APR on the XC70?  I have seen that special rate at Edmunds and wonder if it is still (or ever was) current.

Thanks,

DanO
    Michigan

Default Imported post

DanO:

Can you afford one day off work -- say a Monday. If so take the OSD route. Fly out on a Sat and arrive Goteborg on Sun at 3pm. Goto Hotel and eat/sleep. Pickup car first thing Monday morning. Drive the car around the small 'test' track outside FDC a few times and drop it off at FDC and say THANKS very much. Take flight back home and arrive late PM same day. Go to work on Tuesday.

You should be able to get a pickup date as early as 30 days after placing your OSD order.

P.S. It also takes 30-45 days for car to be shipped from Goteborg and trucked to your local dealership.

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Follow Low Tides advice---Dealer doesn't know you can't take time to travel--work a deal on OSD than ask what he might have on hand that would be in the same "ball park"--This puts you in control with knowledge of what car can cost---

Default Imported post

Again, thank you all very much for your advice! This is a great forum!  

Just got off the phone with my local dealer, here’s what he quoted:

Invoice: 2004 XC70
    Base:      $31,837
    Premium: $2,231
    Touring:    $683
    Plus delivery and tax.

He stated that the best deal he can do for me is a Ford F&F x-plan (I have some Ford employee friends&family) for 2% over invoice.  Is this reasonable?

I really like the idea of heading over to Sweden for a Factory tour and all, but unfortunately, I don’t think I can wait that long…playing taxi driver for my wife will start getting old soon…she can’t drive a stick well (can you say “blue smoke”) and my other cars are both sticks and she is already nervous about getting back on the road after a recent accident.

Maybe for our next Volvo we can schedule a OSD!  

Thanks,

DanO

Default Imported post

Looks good to me but would add DSTC for sure and if you have extra--xenon lights-merv

Arrow Imported post

My wife and I just purchased a 2004 XC70 in northern California. Here's the deal we got:

2004 XC70, Premium Package, Touring Package, Xenon headlights, metallic paint:

MSRP = $39,485
    Paid = $35,293

How did we do? Of course, this may not be representative of other locations in the USA. But by my calculations, it comes in at less than dealer invoice and about 11 percent below MSRP!  It doesn't seem that we could have beat that price by participating in the OSD program. . .

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast