Default Imported post

My lease of a S70 is to end this month. For the past several months I have been trying to decide what I wanted to replace it with. Deciding the XC 70 served our family best, I contacted the Volvo salesman I have dealt with for the last 12 years. (GREAT GUY, WONDERFUL SALESPERSON, presently in HI. on a trip he won from Volvo, but anyway).

One month to end of lease and my dear S70 decides to break down. (Will start but won't accelerate). I contacted Volvo on Call and was told they would not take it to my dealer (140 miles away) but a dealer allegedly 64 miles away. Long story shorter, they tell me the accelerator and throttle modules are out and it will cost $1,000. to replace (warranty expired) but ...maybe they can work me a deal if I buy my next car from them.

I had them clean the modules and drove it and it worked just fine. Turned the car in and am now waiting for my car from my dealer. Oh, and by the way the dealership was 120 miles away.

It has not been a pleasant experience but I really love my Volvos.

Default Imported post

ksmdxc70:

WELCOME

Hmmmm, sounds like you got what you wanted and those "modules" failing like that is scary and as you've found out, very expensive. I wonder what kind of warranty extension is the right one to cover these sort of component failures ?

Sometimes the best things are the hardest to come by -- an event you will not forget no doubt.

Good luck and enjoy your new wheels -- it's a great vehicle.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R