Default Imported post

Took a short trip into town today (all of 2.4 miles ) and on the way back I crossed paths with THREE previous XC70 OSDers. They had their Swedish Tourist plates covered by WA State license plates as I could see the red portion sticking out on either side, and they all had kept the "S" (see Europe in a Volvo) sticker on the rear hatch's top left corner.

Thought about giving chase to hand the first one a volvoxc.com flyer but then I would have missed the other two

OSD is more popular than I thought in my neck of the woods.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Barry brings up a good point here. I too noticed an OSDer by the red plate under the Calif plate.  How many of this forum have done this or are about to put theirs back on because of this way of communicating.  I went up and spoke to this person and we both had an enjoyable time exchanging her experiences and ideas to make my trip better.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

I didn't know that they let us keep the european plates - that's great! (although I'm not too excited about them being bright orange.......). I wish there was a way to get euro-style U.S plates - actually, I think I read about it somewhere, and it involved ordering custom plates and then getting a ton of legal documents approved, etc etc. IMO U.S plates are extremely ugly and don't go well with these cars.
    V70 2.5T Titanium Grey Metallic. Lthr + Climate pkg + Geartronic + Nav + Wood Steering

1600 Miles Gothenburg > Stockholm > Copenhagen > Cologne > Brussels > Bruges > Amsterdam

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (evolvolution70 @ April 27 2003,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn&#39;t know that they let us keep the european plates - that&#39;s great&#33; (although I&#39;m not too excited about them being bright orange.......). I wish there was a way to get euro-style U.S plates - actually, I think I read about it somewhere, and it involved ordering custom plates and then getting a ton of legal documents approved, etc etc. IMO U.S plates are extremely ugly and don&#39;t go well with these cars.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In my state they allow Personalized license plates with 1 to 7 characters (letters, numbers, hyphens or spaces). I wonder if I chose the same characters as my Swedish tourist plate they would allow me to drive about with them on my car &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R