Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Imported post

hordtheviking:

As Low Tide has said -- if you have the OSD number then the way is clear and you can make travel arrangements. That's what I did in the end. My dealer sale person had it all wrong about me having to wait for Volvo to contact me. It was in fact the other way round and thanks to this forum I didn't lose too much time over the sales person's oversight

I'm embarrassed to say I did have the "yellow sheet" all along but didn't realise it, and because my sales person said to wait for Volvo to contact me thought that was when I'd get the "yellow sheet" in my hands. A comedy of errors I suppose and has all worked out just fine for me -- but then I had time on my hands so to speak compared to some other OSDers.

Good luck and the process is really quite simple.

Place OSD order + $2000 deposit + specify delivery date choice
    Obtain OSD order number
    Call VolvoCorp travel (make sure Passport covers you for travel duration as well as your Driver's License)
    Pay balance at least 30 days prior to pickup at FDC
    Call/Email FDC 4 days before arrival at FDC to arrange things
    Travel via SAS to Goteborg
    Pickup car at FDC
    Tool around if you want
    Return car to FDC
    Return home
    Pickup car from local dealer so 6-8 weeks later + Auto Ins.
    Register car + Sale tax
    Obtain car's title (if paying cash)
    ENJOY IT

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Barry:

With all the worrying you have been doing I can't believe that you have not asked until now about booking your trip.  First of all I am a little concerned that your salesperson does not know the process very well.  As has been said before, the yellow sheet is simply a check list.  However, it does say that the DEALER will need a photocopy of your passport and drivers license.  You probably should have received the YELLOW checklist (as I did) together with your BLUE order confirmation.  Also in the same packet (sent by Jason by Airborne Express) was a letter on WHITE paper advising me to contact the travel department within 15 days of receipt (although they later told me that this is not in stone) to make my flight arrangements.   All you need to make your arrangements is the order number that appears on the blue order confirmation sheet.  I am no expert on this process but it would appear that neither is your salesperson.  

Peter

Default Imported post

Barry:

Oops! Didn't see your final response on page 2 of the replies until I posted mine.  Obviously you have since explained the process to your salesperson.

Peter

Default Imported post

OK, I've got the order # thanks to a phone call to my dealer and then on his part out to CA. Now I need the phone # to the travel agency. I realize we probably shouldn't post it here, but could someone email to me perhaps? I'd really appreciate it so that I can get going on the planning phase of this adventure!

Thanks
    2003 XC70 Ash Gold
    Premium, Touring Pkgs.
    OSD 3/2003 Goteborg

Default Imported post

Number is in your email.  
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap