Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kayaking @ May 16 2003,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone have the SUN SHADES? Do they really work? How is visibility? Are they legal on the front passenger side?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I have the sunshades on the rear windows and cargo area windows. &nbsp;They are AWESOME&#33; &nbsp;Visibility is great and I love that I can put them down at night for normal visibility. &nbsp;If you are 10ft or more from the car they really make the windows look tinted. &nbsp;You have to get extremely (read &lt;1ft) close to the car to see through the shades. &nbsp;They fit the windows really well and unlike aftermarket suction cup deals, you can put the windows up and down while they are on. &nbsp;The only downside is that when I moved my son to an outboard seating postion to make room for the upcoming expansion project, he took a liking to pulling on it and stretched an end out a little. &nbsp;If you&#39;re getting the 3rd row seat, or have dogs get them for the cargo area, too.
    As to the front passenger side. Probably not legal, but every state is different. &nbsp;Also in front, they&#39;d interfere with your ability to put your arm comfortably out the window. &nbsp;Take a look at them at OSD. &nbsp;They should be able to install them quickly. &nbsp;I&#39;m an idiot when it comes to that kind of stuff and I installed my own in 10 minutes.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

Thanks for the feedback guys....Is the car&#39;s door panel permanantly damaged by the screws used to put the shades on? Of course, the task of finding out if they are specifically legal in New York State is probably more of a battle than just riding with it on the passenger window (only when needed on a long trip) and taking the chance that I&#39;d actually be pulled over for such an infraction....besides...if used on a long trip, often that means driving &quot;interstate&quot; and who knows what all the various regulations are&#33;
    2004 XC70 OSD May 26, 2003 Nautic Blue, taupe leather interior, prem. pkg, Volvo/Thule standard crossbars, rear skid plate, rear cargo net, Tellus wheels with Pirelli STR's.

Default Imported post

Also, price showing for rear skid plate in the accesories section the the volvo NA site is &#036;127...isn&#39;t that cheaper than the 1500sek Annika quote me? Is 1500sek &#036;187? I think it is. Anyway, if they install it free there..it may be more advantageous still and then I won&#39;t have to spend a day at the dealer here in the usasee accesories page for &#39;04 xc70&#39;s here.
    2004 XC70 OSD May 26, 2003 Nautic Blue, taupe leather interior, prem. pkg, Volvo/Thule standard crossbars, rear skid plate, rear cargo net, Tellus wheels with Pirelli STR's.

Default Imported post

Remember those web prices are apt to be out of date. If you were to ask your dealership how much the rear skid plate will cost you you might get a more accurate price. I found that when I sat down at my dealership with my spread sheet of accessories with prices gathered from Volvo&#39;s web site there were many differences either immediately or when the order came back from VCNA. I then altered my order to make use of the FDC facility to save a bunch of money. I only ordered those things that needed to be part of the manufacturing process such as DSTC, Nav System, Laminated windows.

Yes -- 1500 SEK is approx &#036;187 USD
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Thumbs up Imported post

Thanks Barry...I went back to the site and you are right...it says &quot;prices are subject to change at your dealer&quot;....at this point I&#39;m going with an open mind to shop the &quot;goodies&quot; available at the fdc....chances are that they can make it all happen; after reading all of the good insight in this forum, I am confident that they are very customer friendly and also willing to do some plus business from all of us osd&#39;ers&#33;&#33; Looking forward to the plant tour and then the scenic drives.
    Regards, Robert (kayaking)

Default Imported post

Does anybody know approximately how much the rear window sunshades cost (at the FDC) ? I think this might be a nice thing to get.....Thanks.
    V70 2.5T Titanium Grey Metallic. Lthr + Climate pkg + Geartronic + Nav + Wood Steering

1600 Miles Gothenburg &gt; Stockholm &gt; Copenhagen &gt; Cologne &gt; Brussels &gt; Bruges &gt; Amsterdam

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456