Thread: Osd drop-off

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WHAT DROP-OFF DOCUMENTS DO I NEED?
    The following documents have to be presented when
    you deliver your car for shipment:
     THE VOLVO HOME SHIPMENT VOUCHER
     Vehicle Movement Order.
     Proof of a US social security number, Canadian
    citizenship or a Canadian passport
     Valid Registration and automobile insurance
     A copy of the order confirmation and/or bill of sale.
     Members of the Armed Forces must present a
    copy of their movement orders (PCS) to the dropoff
    agent, to avoid paying Import Duty in the USA.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The above is an excerpt from the Volvo&#39;s Drop off required docs. What form are people using to show proof of a SS# ?

I also don&#39;t intend to insure my XC70 until I pick it up from my local dealership -- so I don&#39;t understand the &quot;Valid... automobile insurance&quot; requirement. Is Volvo referring to the free OSD insurance docs maybe?
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

I remember seeing that list and we brought all of that info, except insurance info. &nbsp;and they asked to see none of it. &nbsp; Basically, when you pick up the car they give you a book with all of your documentation, owners manual, drop shipment docs, etc. &nbsp; They make a copy of your passport and fill out your marine insurance info and they call you cab and you say goodbye to your car. &nbsp;Be sure to list all of your accessories in the document. &nbsp;As for car insurance, since I was financing my car, it was already in place even though the car is insured by OSD and marine.