Default Imported post

My wife and I took delivery March 28th at the Volvo FDC in Gothenburg on silver XC70. This is the same day Barry took delivery on his XC70. We toured the area and dropped the car off at Volvo in Gothenburg on April 8th. It now May 28th and I had a message this evening stating the car will probably not be here and ready for delivery until June 2nd. We expected it to arrive today or tomorrow.

It has taken 7 weeks for the car to arrive and this is what I think happened.

1. We missed getting our car on Barry’s boat by a few days so we had to wait for the next transport ship which was on April 19th.
    2. The ship was late getting into a couple of ports by a day or two.
    3. The ship arrives and the car is unloaded in California on May 19th.
    4. Clears customs on May 21st.
    5. The transport company was called but due to the Memorial Day weekend the car had to wait for a ride north until the middle of this week, May 26th.

I sold a 1999 V70 Cross Country and have been car pooling with my wife which really helps in the Seattle rush hour traffic. I’ve also rented a Toyota Camry now for about a week and have driven it about 1,000 miles. The Camry is not a bad car but the over all feel and drive is not even close to the Volvo.

I’m excited and can hardly wait to get reacquainted with my car.

Default Imported post

Morrie:
    Oh -- the agony of waiting  Mine was two days late and it took much control on my part to stop thinking about -- it's strange how silly one can get over these things. Find something to distract yourself -- go see the new Matrix movie or get stuck into a good novel -- go smoke a pack of cigs -- watch some TV sports game.    

If your car arrives AM at Sandberg I'm sure they will prep it quickly and have you pick it up same day. If it's late PM then plan on getting it the next day. Mine arrived late PM last Wed and I took possession late Thu PM. Sandberg really dolls up the wheels with some shiny black stuff -- makes the car look good and new

Don't rush yourself during the car inspection and note down anything amiss no matter how trivial your sales person may think.  Get everything in writing, signed by your sales person and on Sandberg letter head paper. Once you leave the dealership's property the Marine Insurance terminates. There's a strong urge to get it all over with and drive off with your new wheels. Resist this urge is my advice and take your time. It's a small amount of time compared to how long you will own the car.

Say Hi to you wife for me and Good Luck and that Silver XC70 sure is a beaut
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R