Default Imported post

What type of document is needed to clear customs with a prescription drug? Is the prescription label on container adequate information or is something else needed.

Default Imported post

MGC

American Diabetes Association advices all of us diabetics to carry our syringes and medications in their original containers with the prescription information intact.  Furthermore, they suggest that we carry all of our medications in our carry-on bags.   I believe such an advice would carry over to your situation too.

Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

MGC:

I have no personal experience of knowing the precise thing to do wrt prescription drugs. My first thoughts are

1. Obtain a letter from your Doctor (I'd do this regardless).
    2. You might try seaching the following sites for US Govt. and local State regulations.
    Govt. Customs Web Site
    Customs - Medication/Drugs
    3. Talk with VolvoCorp Travel for their advice.
    4. Talk with a local travel agency for their advice.
    5. Talk with Rick Steve's travel in Edmunds -- I can't believe they wouldn't have good information on this subject.

Post back what you find out so that others here can take advantage of your research etc.

Good luck -- and are you still leaving via SeaTac nxt Wed?
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

As a pharmacist, I tell others (and in our own life) that just having the prescriptions labeled is adequate. If containers are too large for their travels, I have them bring in the meds and I label the size container they need--I just reccomend that they do not use weekly pill containers since these are unlabeled and could cause questioning. I also reccomend they carry an adequate supply in case of delays.  HMO's & PPO's usuallly allow refills ahead of time for vacations.  The pharmacist just has to call for ok.  This take very little time and your pharmacist should do this for you..  If plans do not allow for this I usually just adance the few days more supply a patient needs to feel comfortable on their trip.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models