Default Imported post

Well, the paperwork is done and we are literally seconds away from seeing our new XC70!! We've had great weather and so far the FDC experience is awesome!! I'll be in touch later with more as the car has arrived!!!
    2003 XC70 Ash Gold
    Premium, Touring Pkgs.
    OSD 3/2003 Goteborg

Default Imported post

Great news! It is fun to read these posts from Sweden of all these excited people picking up their cars. Obviously the FDC has internet connected terminals in a customer area.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Default Imported post

Congratulations HTV!

(Wiz - there is a terminal in the customer area at the FDC with a Scandinavian-style keyboard (i.e. with Ö, Å, etc))
    2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

hordtheviking:

CONGRATULATIONS   Boy, girl or it and did you check "it's" VIN      

Look forward to reading your addional comments and it seems as all others have said -- the FDC experience is in no way an anti climax.

Where are you taking the XC70 for it's introduction to this world of ours?

Take care in your travels.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Well, I'm happy to report the delivery of our new "little girl" She's a beauty and at least from my viewpoint the fdc experience was in no way a let down, far from it, it was really great!!

Unfortunately our intro drive was limited to the very Volvo appropriate "test track" which as previously stated is basic. We actually did our trip in reverse ending at Volvo which was great as a number of the folks today were beat from their flights but we were obviously well adjusted etc so it may have been a bit more fun for us. The factory tour is amazing, wow what a show, makes you feel very good about the car and the FDC staff is just great going out of their way to make the experience memorable.

FYI, they have a deal for 1000 SEK that gives you the rubber floor mats, rubber/plastic cargo mat and additional side cargo net which was exactly what we wanted and quite a savings.

Good luck to all of you that are leaving soon, we're heading back in the morning. I wish you all a safe trip and a wonderful experience.

PS- I took a bunch of photos, not sure it will add much to rkestner's great work but i'll post them nontheless asap when i'm back.  I'll also post a lot more thoughts and detail once i'm back at my own desk  
    2003 XC70 Ash Gold
    Premium, Touring Pkgs.
    OSD 3/2003 Goteborg

Default Imported post

what great news!  good luck with the rest of your experience!  thanks too for the kind words.

rich kestner
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD