Post Imported post

Hi all

I have earlier this year ordered a new XC90 2,5 SUV and thought that was a great choice.
    But now after reading some bad stories in forums all over i am started to be a little bit worried about the quality.
    My car is made in summer and delivered as a 2005 ym let September.
    Hope they fixed all the bugs that the car seems to have.
    Also read som news about a bad list in the states that really dissed the car.
    The car seems to have huge problems with all kind of stuff, even the engine looks bad, dont really now what engine type that is the worst but i think it is the D5 i have read about with this big probs.

Now for my question, is it or is it not that lousy quality people describes?

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kongo @ April 04 2004,07:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now for my question, is it or is it not that lousy quality people describes?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In a word, no. The quality is fine overall, both in design and build. Perhaps not as trouble-free as Japanese brands or more established models but the difference is small. You can expect a relatively trouble-free ownership for several years. After that who knows. Past Volvos have been durable. Probably the first thing to go after a dozen years will be electronics and plastic parts.

A very few owner reports on the internet describe major, isolated problems but these are unverified, lack detail and are by one-time posters. The vast majority of owners who frequent the forums have only a few minor complaints or wish that something were designed differently. Read for yourself.

The U.S. Consumer Reports gave the XC90 a poor reliability rating but, as it turns out, this was based on a small sample only a few months after introduction. Early difficulties like the e-brake have all but disappeared. Volvo did increase production and hire new workers, so quality may have suffered somewhat initially, although this is not uncommon in the auto industry. All the luxury brands have had to deal with it from time to time.

Sit back and enjoy. And keep us informed on how you and your car are doing.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

Dont worry about reliability etc.....its a superb car and ours has been fantastic apart from a couple of minor things which havent spoilt 1 minute of driving it.

Thumbs up Imported post

I second that opinion. We have logged 16K miles on our &#39;04 T6 and are still very pleased with the strong attributes of the vehicle. It is well-thought out in design, refined in all the right places from power, handling, comfort, functionality... We have also tested the vehicle in snow/ice with a set of Dunlop winter tires (18&quot which turn it an extemely capable snow machine. The computer traction control really demonstrates its capabilities on mixed ice conditions with some good tires. We have had only two minor problems during this first year, the rear brake &quot;squeek&quot;, and a belt adjustment. While long-term durabilty is yet to be demonstrated, I have confidence that the vehicle will do just fine. If we were looking for a new vehicle, we would not hesitate to purchase another XC 90 at this point.

Default Imported post

I can only confirm what the others have said. I can also add that our car has performed superbly the whole time we have had it. I have also used it on sand dunes north of Sydney and it handled far better than any previous 4x4 I have owned. Some of the surf beachs we go to are quite remote and we have absolute confidence in the car to get us there &amp; back evry time.
    XC90 T6

I've done a LOT of research before I bought my 2.5T AWD a week ago. The build quality is superb in every single way, cosmetically and mechanically, and importantly, those things you can't see but are there to protect you.

If you want a car that's not sorted out, has lots of problems, then get a Porsche Cayenne. That vehicle, not only weighs 800+ pounds more than my car, it is responsible for putting Porsche third from the bottom of the JD Power Quality Survey. Porsche has a lot of work to do just to get back up to the "average" level.

As for Volvo, I've had 7 of them now, starting with a 544 that I hot rodded and never broke anything. All of them have been solid as a rock, and the XC90 is no exception. Relax, you'll love the car. My wife was a bit scared of the size, but now I can't pry her out of it, she's absolutely crazy about it, and tells me every day of some new feature she likes. I've driven Porsches for quite some time now, and I also really appreciate the way the vehicle drives. For a 4400-pound vehicle, it's pretty impressive over the road. I can't imagine loading ten 80-pound bags of cement into the back of my XC and then driving around in a sporting manner, but that's the weight difference between a XC 2.5T AWD and the Cayenne/Toureg. They weigh 5300 pounds.

Quit your worrying. You're going to love the car.

Mr. P
    Central USA

2004 Volvo 2.5T AWD XC90, Ash Gold, Taupe, 7-seat

Too many other cars to list.