Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

Regarding the gas issue - if you can afford the car, you can afford the gas and don't buy the least expensive stuff!!!!

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zebulon @ Feb. 02 2004,10:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, it&#39;s not because it does not exist on the US market that it does not exist elsewhere; even though the US gets 75% of the xc90 production (thanks by the way for making us having about a year of delivery time).

From what I can remember in my pricelist, this oil cooler was included in the T6, optional in the 2.5 and had to be arranged with the dealer for the D5 (same parts as to T6 and 2.5).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sorry about the delivery time&#33; Ours was off the dealer&#39;s lot.

I wonder what other options are special to Europe versus North America? So far, it looks like you can get an oil cooler and a mini-disc player not available here. We can get the 2.5T, and I believe our towing receiver is different (2-inch square with dual electrical outlets). I&#39;m unclear if the XC90 Executive is available in the U.K.; it definitely is not here.

'04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

I can&#39;t see myself spending a lot of time hunting for the 2.5T with RHD, simply because I don&#39;t have much time to spare. &nbsp;I was also discouraged by the myriad of packages you need to consider to get to your ideal spec. &nbsp;I liked luvblu&#39;s comment&#33; &nbsp;If one is spending all that money on the car, you might as well go for the big guns&#33;
    If one wants economy with the performance, there are many diesel powered estate cars on offer ( but none has the attitude of XC90 ).
    I&#39;m driving a diesel XC90 this week, but I think that my mind is allready made up.
    May God of Emissions be merciful on my soul.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">=Big,Feb. 02 2004,17:15
    I wonder what other options are special to Europe versus North America? So far, it looks like you can get an oil cooler and a mini-disc player not available here. We can get the 2.5T, and I believe our towing receiver is different (2-inch square with dual electrical outlets). I&#39;m unclear if the XC90 Executive is available in the U.K.; it definitely is not here.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,
    There are two things I noticed may be different between the US and the others places.
    - The driver&#39;s rear view mirror with an incorporated &quot;wider view&quot; feature.
    - The trailer hitch. I don&#39;t know why but it seems to be a common issue in the Swedespeed Forum. It&#39;s not an issue here in The Netherlands where we can get an easily removable &quot;click and lock&quot; hitch.
    - Executive model, I think I saw the brochure when I went to the dealer for the 10.000km checking.

As to things that look more exclusive to the US market.
    - As a Volvo option : Homelink.
    - People seem to be keen on these : Clear bra (how funny as seen from here ) ; Wood dash kit.

There may be others but didn&#39;t find them.
    Tot ziens,
    Zeb.

(XC90 D5 CrystalGreen/Taupe since Sept 03)

Default Imported post

Thanks, Zeb. Love The Netherlands, BTW.

Not sure what the reference is to a &quot;rear view mirror with an incorporated &quot;wider view&quot; feature.&quot; Several people have had European wide-angle side-view mirrors installed; the U.S. side-view mirrors tend to have a blind spot because of their narrow view.

The &quot;click and lock&quot; hitch used to be the Volvo standard here but is not available for the XC90. We had it on our previous Volvo and I liked it. The U.S.-style receiver hitch is more adaptable but rattles without a special pin. On the plus side, I was happy to see the European wiring connector go away.

Homelink is nice here because most of us have a garage with an automatic door or doors. Some people even have gates. Heaven forbid we should have to get out of the car to open a door or gate&#33; Actually, I have a remote for my bicycle, too--just ride directly into the garage.

The clear bra (yes, that does sound funny) is almost standard with XC90 owners where I live because there is so much gravel on the roads for winter traction. In fact, many people live on gravel roads in the country.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

Hello Big,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> =Big,Feb. 03 2004,15:04]Not sure what the reference is to a &quot;rear view mirror with an incorporated &quot;wider view&quot; feature.&quot; Several people have had European wide-angle side-view mirrors installed[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, you got what I was trying to express with my unsufficient English.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Homelink is nice here because most of us have a garage with an automatic door or doorsActually, I have a remote for my bicycle, too--just ride directly into the garage.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ....lazy lazy lazy ....anyway, can&#39;t happen here, there is not enough space and most people can&#39;t have a garage

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The clear bra (yes, that does sound funny) is almost standard with XC90 owners where I live because there is so much gravel on the roads for winter traction. In fact, many people live on gravel roads in the country.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sure I was first teasing you a bit, but indeed after your explanation, the use of a clear bra makes a lot of sense.
    (XC90 D5 CrystalGreen/Taupe since Sept 03)

Default Imported post

We&#39;ve had our T6 for around 2 weeks now - it is an absolutely FANTASTIC vehicle, but make no mistake about it - this vehicle drinks fuel. &nbsp;With the vehicle being so new, we are still only &#39;tickling&#39; the throttle, and achieving only around 200 miles to a full tank. &nbsp;I think I&#39;m right in saying that it has a 70 litre tank, which puts us around 14 mpg.
    The onboard computer is confirming a fuel consumption around this figure.

We&#39;re lucky enough to lead a reasonably indulgent lifestyle, and have never given much of a thought towards the fuel consumption of our cars, but this is on the point of being concerning, even in comparison to our previous 4.0 Ltr Grand Cherokee Jeep.

We did test-drive the diesel XC90 which again is a great vehicle. &nbsp;Obviously identical in practicality, comfort and features, but slightly less refined in the powerplant department. &nbsp;When test-driving the T6 I felt that the quieter, more refined (whizzy, not grunty) petrol engine had smoother power and acceleration right through the range, and completed the package of a top class family vehicle. &nbsp;

If I were placing another order tomorrow, I would probably put my name on another T6, and accept the slightly ridiculous fuel economy.

Hope this helps

Steve &nbsp;

Default Imported post

Dear Steve,

thanks for that info. &nbsp;It is particularly relevant now as we have told our dealer that our final decision would be to go with T6. &nbsp;Your comment is a bit of a concern, but you do not state where you used your car to get the average: town, motorway....? &nbsp;We are hoping to get a better average by using our car sparingly in town, and enjoy cruising open roads at weekends and holidays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123