Default Front bumper (cover) replacement

Hi
    I have a 2002 v70xc I need to replace the front bumper (cover) which is black
    My model has the headlight wipers
    I am able to get a new unused bumper with no opening for the wipers from a friend.
    I am willing to remover the non functioning wiper motors or cut the shafts so this bumper might fit.
    Anyone know if the would work. In Canada from Volvo the bumper is $1000.00 Canadian installed.
    I can get the replacement from a friend for $200 US
    Thank you for any suggestions.

If it were me, I'd remove the bumper from your '02, and then compare it visually with the bumper your friend has (also removed).
    You'll be able to tell if it will work. Instead of removing the wipers, you might save a lot of unnecessary work by duplicating the wiper cutouts in the new bumper.

Vida shows 4 choices that fit, (in each color) - w/without fogs, and w/without wipers, the headlight wiper motors are just bolted to the bottom of the headlamp assemblies, removable once the bumper is off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front bumper.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	8621

Thanks for your advice. Just heard back from friend: "The driving lights on the XC are round were as the V70 are not they elongated and tapered on the outer edge . You would have to replace lamps. Could be more expensive to do."
    It is worth being cautious. I am still looking for a bumper, but anyone have suggestions to refinish my existing one. The marks and some abrasion are in a 1 foot area..every thing else looks fine. These bumpers have a pebble finish so any impact or even a light moving contact with any object can produce a noticeable smooth spot.
    Thanks again for your help

a v70 and xc70 bumper are not interchangeable. The fenders/hood are the same part but the xc70 bumper matches up with plastic fender flares that the v70 does not have - if you have the part number for the new economy bumper perhaps you could match it up with the numbers in the parts catalog. If they don't match there may have a number change between the that catalog date of 2013 and today so you would have to call a dealer to verify the correct possible numbers.

thanks for your help. I have decided to refinish the bumper unless I find a replacement soon. Anyone have any experience repairing minor abrasions and scuffs maybe then renewing the color.