Default Correct signal switch for '03 XC70?

I need to buy a new signal switch for my XC70, and different sites come up with different part numbers for it, even using the VIN to search.

I've pulled the original, which is 9496807 02W52 A

VIN ends in 531113634

I thought if I pulled the original and got the part number, the correct updated part number would be easy to find, but not so far.

It may be 31268578, but not every site agrees. I'd be much obliged if anyone could confirm.

Color is graphite, car does have trip computer. Some sites mention "fuel driven heater," but I have no idea what that is.
    Last edited by Silvestris66; 04-27-2018 at 09:22 AM.

I went to Volvo OEM Parts Direct, and got 31268578

https://www.volvooempartsdirect.com/...ItNWwtbDUtZ2Fz

It claims fitment for your '03 XC70.

As far as matching up to the original p/n, every incremental change to an assembly such as this turn-signal stem requires Volvo issuing a new part number,
    so you can imagine the list of functionally-equivalent p/ns grows over time. Many p/n changes are just for continuing engineering, e.g., a supplier changes a component that goes into the assy.

Thanks for explaining the reason for all the different part numbers.

The malfunction in this case is not the turn signals, but the high-beam switch. It had become too sensitive, flicking the high beams on every time I used the turn signal unless I pushed the stalk towards the dashboard at the same time. It also twice resulted in the headlights staying on when the car was parked, draining the battery.