Can't seem to get a straight answer from Volvo. FCP Euro web-site is also confusing as they list the rotor size of 286mm from a chassis number greater than ours, but our cars' front rotors are 286mm.

This car eats Volvo OE brakes (max. 20,000 miles on a full set front + rear). I have read that these cars can be fitted with larger 305mm rotors with just changing the caliper bracket and rotor. The car is fitted with 16" Volvo rims for both summer and winter so no plans to change those, so will they work with 305mm rotors. Would the larger rotors make any noticeable difference to either effectiveness or lifespan?

My version of Vida would suggest that the rotor size is dependent on wheel size, 286mm rotor = 15", 305mm = 16" and 320mm = 17". If this is to be believed then the 305mm rotors should fit if my assumption is correct.

I am thinking of trying Akebono pads and Zimmerman coated rotors from FCP and see if there is any luck over the OE parts (2 warped sets of front and 1 rears in 12,000 miles fitted by dealer). At least FCP has a better warranty if I fit them and they are almost half the price of the OE brakes.

Any advice? I have posted this on MVS but limited replies.

Many thanks,

Neil.