Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I Reasonably Fix This ..... Or Is The Car Toast ?

So son backed into a light pole after he dropped someone off and they never shut the door - and came around to say goodnight.

Quick question -- can the frame be bent - Or can I fix this with a Door/Fender and anything else it might need.

I gotta get the parts and get it done before the first rain

Also I have $5k plus into this car and it has a slow leak from the head gasket into the cooling system apparently as well.
    2001 X/C 70 - Youngest son's car for someone that is 6'10" tall - and it fits him like a glove.

I gotta dl pics from my phone to my pc as it will not upload pics from my phone ... and Photobucket _ well ... yup.
    2001 X/C 70 - Youngest son's car for someone that is 6'10" tall - and it fits him like a glove.

Jeeze - W/O Photobucket .. I am at a loss for posting pictures currently as the phone takes them as to big of a file and I can not convert them to a smaller file..

We'd need to see pictures from where the door mounts to the body to determine anything.

Cool- Thank you ericjp.

I bought a car which had the same exact damage and i just replaced the door and fender with same color from a junk yard.
    Your car looks fine to me, just replace the door and fender and you should be fine.

I suggest if you fix it, require your son to help. My kids always had to assist with correcting the damages done. A life lesson..
    PDX-Vancouver, USA

2005 XC70 140,000

When I crashed a car that I was given to use, my dad looked at it, shook his head, and said "Well, I guess you're off the road until you fix it."

Default Check if unibody pillar got twisted

This XC70 has an alum. unibody frame. I attached a picture of the XC90 frame...very similar in design. The front doors are hinged to the unibody. As is the front fender. From the looks of the pix, the front door pillar got twisted. You should inspect it carefully, and compare it to the driver's side. Is the pillar twisted?"....Signs of cracking or metal fatigue? Unfortunately,there is no way to straighten out a twisted pillar, and the strength of the frame is compromised in any area of metal bending. And, you can test for water-sealing of the door with a garden hose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XC90 unibody frame.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast