Default Driver's side flooded while car sat with DIM removed. 2004 XC70

I found my 2004 XC70 driver's side, front and back, totally flooded. The car sat unused from 7/8/17 until 7/26/17. It sat because I removed the faulty DIM and mailed it to XeMODeX for repair.

Is it possible that the DIM removal caused some water intake prevention system to go limp and allow in all the rain water? What else could cause that much rain water to enter the car?

While it sat, my area got an unimpressive 3.3" of rain across five days. It's possible that the floors have been wet for a long time and I didn't notice. Regardless, I'm now looking for instructions to remove the carpets so I can inspect this closer.

Thanks for your input.

As far as I know there is no "active" prevention system in the car to avoid flooding.
    Does the car have a sunroof?
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

How about the facia drains, are the holes plugged with leaves and debrisi?

Thanks for the input. From searching the forum, I will check the following things:

Sunroof drain channels.
    Fascia drain channels.
    Lower windshield molding rot.
    A pillar rot.
    A/C condenser drain channel (which would drain to passenger's side).

Clogged sunroof drain, very common if the car sits under trees. Remove the passenger seat and trim and the carpet and insulation will just pull up. There is so much water down there don't even think you can dry out the car without removing the carpet. It will need several days in a dry environment with air ciculation to dry out completely. You certainly don't want to experience the mold that will otherwise occur.