Default Installing dang drivers side axle

How do you get the drivers side axle to go in? I can't seem to get the circlicp to go in & am getting frustrated...

Thanks
    Rick Ölund
    2002 V70XC with Sirius Radio

Quote Originally Posted by norseman47 View Post
    I can't seem to get the circlip to go in
    On other types of cars I have used a hose clamp to compress the clip, slide the axle in slightly past the ring, then remove the hose clamp - but I don't know if there is enough room on a Volvo for that.

Okay. The issue is the aftermarket axle. In fact this is the second aftermarket axle I have tried. I bought a unknown replacement axle from partsgeek.com in March. I had issues getting that one to install. Its issue was the splines on either side of the cclip were machined so the the outer vertical splines aligned with the trough splines on the inside of the cclip. So, partsgeek gave me a RMA number for the axle & sent me a different companies new replacement axle. This axle looks fine, so I tried it. Turns out this TrakMotive "new premium axle" has splines are just the tinest bit out of alinement between those outside the clip & inside the clip. If you look real close you can see the slines bind on one sid eof the verticals only. I took the cclip off the worn original OEM axle & it slides in/out of the trans with no issues. So I guess round three for another axle...
    Rick Ölund
    2002 V70XC with Sirius Radio