Views:	31 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	8220
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9726.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	8221
    Last edited by 02V70XC; 05-06-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Huh, I'm gonna stay with my original guess that plug goes into the alarm siren module. It certainly doesn't look like a socket that any bulb would fit into. I would guess that all your lights, turn signals are working on that side? And you've never heard the alarm siren go off, even if you try to trigger it with the key fob or leaving a window open and reaching inside to open door when car is locked? IF you were to remove that pass headlight (it's a bit of a pain in the neck), you would see the alarm module or the bracket that holds the alarm module.

I think someone mentioned headlight wiper motor. Not familiar cause I haven't worked on mine but I guess that could be a possibility.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by Xfingers View Post
    Huh, I'm gonna stay with my original guess that plug goes into the alarm siren module. It certainly doesn't look like a socket that any bulb would fit into. I would guess that all your lights, turn signals are working on that side? And you've never heard the alarm siren go off, even if you try to trigger it with the key fob or leaving a window open and reaching inside to open door when car is locked? IF you were to remove that pass headlight (it's a bit of a pain in the neck), you would see the alarm module or the bracket that holds the alarm module.

I think someone mentioned headlight wiper motor. Not familiar cause I haven't worked on mine but I guess that could be a possibility.
    Wiring going to the alarm module is a 3-wire lead with colours pink, black and red. At least according to the MY '05 V70/XC70 wiring diagram. Also the headlamp wiper and height adjustment motors also have more than two wires in their leads. What the OP has here is a pretty basic lead, just power and ground, but for the life of me I can't find it in the diagrams. Sure its there but....

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Looking at a online picture of the alarm module the plug looks like it corresponds to it..maybe on a 02 the wiring is different?

Could be headlight wiper or as others have suggested headlight aiming. Assume your fog lights worked!
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by 02V70XC View Post
    Looking at a online picture of the alarm module the plug looks like it corresponds to it..maybe on a 02 the wiring is different?
    Don't think so as the alarm module is the same across P2 MYs; therefore, the wiring to it would be the same. Also the wiper plug is usually stowed toward the bottom of the lamp unit it it isn't equipped with wipers (just as in the picture) and if it is, then the passenger side wiper plug is retained between the wiper and the rad. But again, both of these leads are 3-wire on both '02 and '05 MYs whereas the one in the picture is a 2-wire.

Now on my '05 R, there is a 2-wire plug in just about that location that takes the lead to the passenger side foglamp but I can't recall the wire colours at the moment or if it is present in my '05 XC. So that suggestion might be the one if the fog lamp on that side doesn't work.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

All lights work including the fog lights..following the passenger side fog lamp harness it's ties up into a hydra of other harnesses including the mystery unplugged one behind that front fender...trying to find a diagram online of that location

That looks like the Fog light connector, there is one each side need to be connected before front fender is attached.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12