Default Door Lock Button Bushing

In the last few weeks, two of these have "disappeared" from my car. One of them used to pop up occasionally but the other one seemed OK. No big deal but a quick search suggests they're $9 or $10 each for replacements!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bushing (2).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    In the last few weeks, two of these have "disappeared" from my car. One of them used to pop up occasionally but the other one seemed OK. No big deal but a quick search suggests they're $9 or $10 each for replacements!
    That's stupid money for those things. Have to wonder what Volvo thinks when they price crap like these bezels at that kind of brass.

What about trying Eire or CT? Maybe Dorman makes something that will work or perhaps a trip to the junkyard?

Good Luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

I found and bought some cheaper new aftermarket ones from Voluparts.com for $2.92 US but they are only available in a beige like color said to be compatible with oak or beige. I believe it, they look the same as my originals to me. They sell the expensive OE ones also for about $9 US but also these cheaper aftermarket ones.

The only thing I would suggest if you need a black-ish color like the one in your attached photo, would be to get some paint made for plastic and paint them the color you need. I can attest to the fact that they fit fine in my '02 V70 XC, they don't slip or pop out of the holes, and they have stayed put for about 9 months through summer and winter.

Here's the link: http://store.voluparts.com/39896675-door-lock-bushing/

Hope this helps,
    Tom
    Tom McMillion

2002 V70XC 278K miles bought Dec. 2013 w/ 156K
    This replaced a '97 850 with 401K miles

Our local library has a 3-D scanner and 3-D printer and I'm thinking of trying that. Otherwise a visit to a scrap yard might work although I have never found an XC70 in my local yard. Painting those after-market beige ones black would also work especially if I did it in pairs. Certainly, it would look better than nothing!