Default Mechanic/shop for complete Timing Belt Service for XC70 in central MS or Mobile,AL

Hello Team,

I am looking for reputable and capable shop/mechanic in the lower MS (Gulfport/Jackson) area or Mobile, AL area to do my timing belt service/water pump/seals complete service for a reasonable fee (<500 including parts/labor if possible)

Right now my two options seem to only be the Volvo dealers in Mobile or Jackson.

Anything leads or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2008 and up 3.2 does not have a belt. This engine has a chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H. View Post
    Didn't realize the change. I'm just looking for a good mechanic down in this area of the country (southern MS/Alabama) for my volvo 2004 xc70. Hoping the "newer" generation of Volvo owners would have a recommendation.

Default Timing Chain & Other Service

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H. View Post
    You did not specify the XC70 mileage. My dealership said the chain is replaced around 125,000 miles or 200,000 km. Hope mine never needs this replaced.

I'm in the process of replacing my water pump, idler & tensioner pullies and serpentine belt. The closest garage quoted me $1500 C$ to replace the water pump - it's a big job so ask for written estimates beforehand. My high pressure power steering hose needed replacement and I decided to replace the power steering pump while in the process of replacing the water pump. My wife drove the car when the fluid was almost depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by CVOLVO View Post
    You did not specify the XC70 mileage. My dealership said the chain is replaced around 125,000 miles or 200,000 km. Hope mine never needs this replaced.

I'm in the process of replacing my water pump, idler & tensioner pullies and serpentine belt. The closest garage quoted me $1500 C$ to replace the water pump - it's a big job so ask for written estimates beforehand. My high pressure power steering hose needed replacement and I decided to replace the power steering pump while in the process of replacing the water pump. My wife drove the car when the fluid was almost depleted.
    CVOLVO: Are you replacing your water pump as preventive maintenance? I live in the west GTA area and am interested in good volvo shops in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    CVOLVO: Are you replacing your water pump as preventive maintenance? I live in the west GTA area and am interested in good volvo shops in the area.
    G'day: I'm originally from Hamilton, where I bought my first Volvo and taught myself to perform most of my Volvo repairs. I noticed what appeared to be a bearing noise last winter, that disappeared in the Spring. Subsequently, this Fall, the high pressure power steering hose sprung a leak, so I was essentially forced to do extensive repairs. I acquired online, all of the parts I indicated, as well as a power steering pump. Elsewhere it's noted that FoMoCo water pumps can fail, so yes, while I was inside, I ended up doing everything. It's not like replacing a water pump on a vintage B18 Volvo motor, hence the high labour cost. I figure I spent between 20-30 hours on all of these replacements, but much of that time was due to a poor design and naturally the cold weather, even in my heated garage.

If any of the components driven off the accessory/serpentine belt fail then lots of serious damage can result, so yes, my replacements were a combination of preventative maintenance and the fact I hope to never have to re-visit this again. Best of luck. BTW, I am the best mechanic for my car.

PS: I had more detail and a picture in other postings on this forum.