Default cost to clean PCV Valve

Hi all , I brought my car V70XC SE and the day I got it, the check engine light came on with a code p0422 which I googled and was catalytic converter related and my v70 made a clogged noise so I replaced the cat , I got a direct fit cat and volvo o2 sensor to replace it with and now the check engine light is off with the new cat and o2 sensor installed. The problem is, I am still hearing a sound that sounds like the cat is still clogged up . I have been reading about PCV valves, the hose that go to my PCV valve is hard as a rock but there is no smoke coming from the oil dipstick after i drive for more then 10 mins and I did what RobertDIY of youtube suggested with a rubber glove to check if the pcv is bad, i put a rubber glove over the oil cap and it suck it in when I turn the engine on, so other then the hardtube going to the pcv vavle, all else seems to be fine, i am not sure if I just need to clean the pcv valve so my Question is, would a clogged pcv valve make the same noise as a clogged cat ? I dont have the mechanical abilities to clean the PCV so also what is the average cost to have that done

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBilly View Post
    make the same noise as a clogged cat ?
    What is noise of a clogged cat?

The 98 - 00 v70awd cars have more engine/intake noise than the fwd v70/s70's when accelerating -

Is that the noise you are talking about?

There is no PCV valve in the sense of what you think. The breather (PCV) system consists of several parts and hoses to replace, a 5 hours hob
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

ok I watched RobertDIY on youtube who works on volvos and he talked about having the pcv valve clean so often, not sure then , maybe I misheard what he was talking about. thanks for the reply, I found though carfax, that a volvo dealer replaced all the hoses at 77k miles. Now I wonder if the noise could be from the turbo. oh well, it drives good.

a clogged catalytic converter < Cat > Well I thought that too about it being AWD,Though the last owner remove the AWD and made it FWD. I wonder if it having the AWD removed could be the reason I am hearing a sound that sounds like something is clogged.

a video of the sound I am hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4zhZGoKHYY

sorry deleted video . I think your all right, just normal noises.
    Last edited by TheRealBilly; 07-22-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBilly View Post
    a video of the sound I am hearing
    Sounds normal
    The 98 - 00 v70awd cars have more engine/intake noise than the fwd v70/s70's when accelerating -
    Some people pay hundreds of dollars to get their car to sound like that (cold air intakes) !

If you had a clogged cat the engine would have no power - you seem to not have any problem keeping up with traffic