Unhappy Imported post

Would anyone be interested in another XC gathering in California this fall?

Places that I would suggest are Death Valley, Yosemite or Sequoia National Parks.  These are great for a 3 day weekend getaway.  DV is kind of far away from anywhere, but Sequoia is great for SoCal and NorCal XC owners/drivers to attend.  And Yosemite...well...what can be said about it...

Plus any XC from anywhere would be welcome!

They all have camping or hotel accomodations, services, great roads and terrific scenery. Of course we could hold it elsewhere too.  Let me know what you all think...
    LOGAN
    [email protected]
    1999 V70XC Cross Country
    2000 Nissan Frontier CrewCab 4x4

Default Imported post

This is too much! As soon as my wife comes in from work I shall tell her we`re moving............
    Slender
    '02 S80

Default Imported post

slender:

Tell her it would be for just a short while -- she may just find out she likes it over here  This was my thought at first and we are still here
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Barry: Believe me, my wife would not need to be asked twice to consider moving to the States and especially California. We`ve visited twice, the first time to get married at Lake Tahoe, and are totally smitten. Plans to visit this year had to be scrapped infortunately but somehow I don`t think it`ll be too long before we`re back. I`m keeping an eye on these future gatherings.
    Slender
    '02 S80

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Slender,

Sure we couldn't talk you into coming to the Vancouver meet? You could always show up in a prestige XC rental. I guarantee you'll feel right at home.

I recall seeing one at the last meet during a brief lunch stopover. It even sported its own portable NAV system which was provided by the rental agency.

Sorry for the premptive post Logan. I'll now return you to regular programming.

Default Imported post

slender:

Art has made excellent suggestion.

I've two spare seats in the rear of my XC70 for the BC/Vancouver get-together -- that is, if my two daughters don't come along for the gathering -- they're always looking for an excuse to visit Vancouver they always buy loads of shoes there for some reason -- plus one of them has a boyfriend in Pt. Roberts which is kinda like a remote American island because one has to go into Canada just for a short trip in order to get there.

xclogan: sorry for my digressions here

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Art, Barry: As tempting as your suggestions are it is highly unlikely I`d be able to fit in a long haul vacation this year. Not impossible, but very unlikely. I shall keep an eye on developments. Good luck with your planning xclogan.
    Slender
    '02 S80

Thumbs up Imported post

I might even let you (Slender) be the designated driver for my XC so that I can take photos during the excursion!  Your wife is welcome too!

I could even pick you up at the airport.  And if you could swing enough time off I could even pick you up in Boston or somewhere else along the East Coast.  Then we could drive "Cross Country" (pun intended) to the Vancouver meet.  Wouldn't that be FUN!
    LOGAN
    [email protected]
    1999 V70XC Cross Country
    2000 Nissan Frontier CrewCab 4x4

Default Imported post

xclogan: Another kind and tempting offer. I caught myself looking through my atlas the other day and then found myself looking at XC hire in Vancouver!!!!!! My wife and I had initially planned to be in the States in June this year. Unfortunately we had to nurse one of our cats through cancer last year and the frequency of his chemotherapy injections ruled out the three week holiday we had tentatively lined up. Sadly our cat had to be euthanised last November but our plans for shorter holidays had been made. We had decided 2003 was going to be a European year. We`ll be in Berlin two weeks today and (hopefully) Salzburg in June. Later in the year we have plans to visit another European city. We will get back to the States, but I`m not quite sure when. I don`t like to make plans for too far ahead as that sure tempts fate!

From what I briefly saw of Yosemite I reckon it would be a stunning location in the fall. But then again, Death Valley had a spectacular, barren beauty. You guys are really spoilt for choice.
    Slender
    '02 S80