Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Xfingers, I did apply the grease to the pins and the pad guides. The noise I'm getting is from the rear and it happens at a certain point when both rotors spin. It happens if I'm braking or not and if my parking brake is on or not.

Nice clean mounting between the rotor and the hub. Not off just a bit with some crud behind it? Same for wheel? Did you check the bearings? I assume it is a squeal so not likely the bearings. Rubbing or grinding noise could be bearings.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT - Pearl White Loaded-huge improvement over 2013!
    1955 Ford F-250 - 223 IL6, 4 Speed with Granny Gear, 109 HP, 4.88 Rear
    2017 Maserati Ghibli - Blu Emozione - GONE!
    2013 2013 Subaru Outback - charcoal Grey, Eyesight Collision Avoidance 110k miles
    2007 2007 XC70, Barents Blue, Charcoal Leather 215k miles
    1978 Bitchin' Chevrolet Z28 Camaro - Fuel Injected 383ci SB Dyno'd at 452HP 462FT/LBs Torque
    My build thread: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276139

Quote Originally Posted by kartboy1234 View Post
    Xfingers, I did apply the grease to the pins and the pad guides. The noise I'm getting is from the rear and it happens at a certain point when both rotors spin. It happens if I'm braking or not and if my parking brake is on or not.
    I'd echo what 8pack said. Give us some more info on the noise. It wasn't there prior to your brake job? It's there whether or not you're applying brakes so I'm guessing it's not brake "squeal" from pads and rotors vibrating when contacting each other. Can you pinpoint the noise coming from one rear wheel or the other? Is it a rotational thumping or clicking noise suggesting one of your rotors is making contact with an adjacent surface as it spins? Sometimes the softer metal around the outside of the rotors can get bent while you're working. You're probly gonna have to take the wheels off and have a look. The metal wire clips which you snap on over the brake pads to hold them in place can be tricky to install so check with the video to make sure they're on properly. Is your parking brake adjusted and working correctly? If you're getting a rattling noise, possibly one of your brake shoes is loose and moving around.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123