Default Rotary knob on the turn signal stalk - help/info needed

We recently purchased an 08XC70 with about 54k miles. This is our second Volvo. The first one being an 07 model with about 140k
    My wifey gets to drive the 08XC, so I can have the 07XC. Love these cars. On hindsight I wish we bought the 3.0 turbo instead of the 3.2 NA.

Anyways, I'm a little puzzled by the rotary knob on the 08. Turning it doesnt seem to change anything on the dash. On the 07 I'm used to cycling through Fuel Avg, Avg speed, Miles remaining, Instantaneous fuel consumption etc.
    This feature seems to be absent on the 08. Is that an optional feature, that I'll have to get the dealer to program it?

Also if any message pops up on the dash, I cannot dimiss it. The message stays on obscuring the clock - eg - The BLIS system. Turning it on or off displays a message on the dash, which stays on, until the car is restarted. Hitting reset button, read button or the know doesnt help. On a hopeful note, every once in a while the dash displays the miles remaining, I guess when the tank is almost empty (?). Or I believe so. Since I dont drive this daily I'm not sure. And my wifey is oblivious to these.

Is that how its supposed to be? OR am I looking at a busted turn signal stalk/button? Or steering wheel module?

Hooked up the DICE and it does not show any issues. Also I did not see any way to diagnose the stalk buttons.

Comments and suggestions please. Appreciate your help.

Ren.

You need a new turn signal stalk. This is a fairly common issue with the P3 XC70s. It's plug and play....no programming needed.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    You need a new turn signal stalk. This is a fairly common issue with the P3 XC70s. It's plug and play....no programming needed.
    Thanks a lot, bud. Just ordered one from FCP.
    Will post on how it goes.

Regards

UPDATE:

Received the turn signal stalk from FCP today. Installation took me about 10 minutes and everything works now!

Thank a lot, Aviator.

Ren.