The day before I took my 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5 AWD in for a timing belt/water pump replacement I got a CEL that said Transmission Service Required. I checked the fluid level and it was a little low so I added about 2 ounces of transmission fluid. I had the mechanic check the CEL and got a code P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit / Open. After the timing belt replacement I took it to a local transmission shop and he was pretty non-committal about what the problem was saying only it was “probably” the torque converter and I would “probably” have to rebuild or replace the transmission eventually. So I started searching online for possible other options and am considering replacing the three solenoids, which I can purchase from Rostra as a kit. Over the next couple of days the transmission seems to be working OK except that first gear seems to work fine when I first start out with a cold engine but after the car gets up to operating temperature it seems like it slips slightly in first when starting from a stop light or other dead stop. Now, the odd part. A couple of days later I am driving down the road and my cruise control is suddenly not working. I take it to my mechanic and he checks the fuses, which are OK. He then takes it for a drive and comes back and says the cruise control is working. He takes me for a test ride and sure enough the cruise starts out working but on the way back to his shop it stops working again. He tells me to drive it over the weekend and watch what happens. Well, I soon notice that the cruise control works when the transmission seems to work in first gear. I notice that when it seems to be slipping slightly, the cruise control doesn’t work. I also noticed that on the instrument cluster, when the cruise control is not working and it is slipping slightly, the D indicating the car is in drive changes to a dash. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions about what might be going on? Thanks, Dave.