Default Imported post

Hello,
    Since I will need to transport my dog in the cabin of the car when travelling with a full boot, I would like to protect the seats.
    Anyone know of good seat covers, perhaps custom fit for the xc70?
    Thanks,
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Default Imported post

It's not custom, but I had one of these in my old jeep and it worked well.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product....Id=3553

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

I fold the seats down and put any dog traveling with me in a transportation cage. It's safer for the animal and avoids wet dog all over the vehicle. -Dick

'11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (budrichard @ Feb. 24 2003,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I fold the seats down and put any dog traveling with me in a transportation cage. It&#39;s safer for the animal and avoids wet dog all over the vehicle. -Dick[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ...safer for the driver and other human occupants as well
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Yes, a cage is indeed safe. However, when I go on a holiday, I need to fully load the trunk, leaving my dog on the rear seat. The dog has a very sturdy harness connected to the safety belts so he can&#39;t start flying around in case of a head-on crash. If the car is empty I will certainly put the (possibly dirty) dog in the trunk, this is one of the main reasons I choose a wagon.
    The drsfostersmith looks good, thank for the link&#33;
    Willy

144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Default Imported post

For those of you who are dog owners, I thought that I would share my favorite dealer installed option: The steel barrier system.
    I am sure that most of you have seen the steel barrier with hydraullics, but volvo also offers another steel barrier that clamps onto the main steel barrier enabling you to sepparate the cargo area lengthwise to any size you like. This allows me to fill up 1/3 of the area with luggage and put my 2 dogs (siberian husky and a lab mix) on the other side. The dogs are well contained and I don&#39;t have to worry about luggage falling on top of them or them getting into the groceries on the way home.
    There is also a door option, which prevents them from jumping out once the tailgate has been opened. &nbsp;I didn&#39;t opt for this piece as I believe my dogs are well trained enough to stay when I open it....yah right. &nbsp;

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

The barrier cage is a good option for some dogs. But hunting dogs are wet, muddy and smell which will eventually transfer to your vehicle. The dog cage allows for containment and washing. In any event, the animal gets a first class ride.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Imported post

Willy,
    I would like to be able to purchace individual seat covers for the rear. We have seen full bench covers for dog owners, but we have the cooler option which will not work with this. I will be talking with a manufacturer about making covers for the rear seats. When I have a price, I will share it with everyone so if desired they may contact them for an order.
    Jon

Default Imported post

I have just had installed the rear kennel system and used it for two long trips (200 each way) with the new pup. At the moment I have the rear devided in half and use the door. I my view it&#39;s much safer than the back seat for both the dog and us. I also have the cargo tray installed which can be taken out and washed. To give the dog better footing I put down a rubber backed door mat that I take out to wash when muddy. I have used a covered back seat with my large full grown Bouvier who was very well behaved. This would never work with a pup. If you would still like to check out the back seat option you could take a look at this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas....A&amp;_DAV=

I am also an upland hunter and often transport a pair of GSP&#39;s who come back wet and smelly .... they always ride in crates in the back of an old Explorer .... it smells like wet dog ... but then after a day in the field I don&#39;t smell so great eather.
    Bouvier.

Default Imported post

Hi,
    The cover shown on the website from your link looks nice, seems to give a lot of comfort to the dog as well.
    I have a solution for now, but it is not very easy to install: first I put a universal cover to keep moisture from reaching the seat, then I put a custom fit cover (made by my wife) &nbsp;from cloth over it to give the dog some comfort. This works well but takes some time to install, there is room for improvement
    Thank again for the suggestions,
    Willy