Default 2001 XC70 Won't Start. Urgent help needed!

I have a 2001 XC70 with 170k on it which suddenly wouldn't start this morning when I tried to leave work. When I first started it, it did fire up, but the idle was incredibly low and the car was severely struggling to stay running. The throttle was not responsive, so I shut the car down. When I tried to start it again after that, it wouldn't fire. It's not a battery issue, as it is clearly turning over. The check engine light has come on and it's throwing the "Engine System Service Urgent" warning. I tried disconnecting the battery and it still will not start. My immediate guess is the ETM has failed, but I'm not sure if it's the MAF Sensor. Last winter, the car went into limp mode on me once with the typical ETM symptoms. I had cleaned it, and it went back to normal. The other day the car started acting up again (lunging forward randomly at idle, delayed throttle response, etc.). The one day that I went to park, I had given it some gas to get through some snow, and then the RPM's started surging and the car lunged forward repeatedly. I shut it off and let it sit overnight. Then, last night on my way into work, the car was driving fine. The temperature has been severely low in my area this past week, so I'm not sure if that's a factor that caused the MAF sensor to die. Is it worth replacing the MAF sensor first to try and get it going, or should I just get an ETM from Xemodex? The car is currently sitting at my work, so I'm trying to find the best starting point to get it going. I'm in a pretty desperate situation, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Xemodex ETM cost $500+, Bosch MAF is over $100+, best not throw money at it until you get a ETM sweep test using the Volvo diag tool VIDA/DiCE. Post your location and see if any members with VIDA/DiCE is nearby. Doesn't sound like your car can make it to dealer.

Tool will also read your check engine code which will give more insight on where the problem might be.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Pull the plug for the MAF (and send the car into limp mode) you will be able to drive it if the MAF has failed, might cause some other weird problems (cooling fan running, etc.) but I think the car should start and get you home.

If this does nothing, you are looking at fueling problems I would guess. (possibly failed ETM)