Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the same error message on mine - I would love to open your PDF's but I can't for some reason.

Update your Adobe PDF Reader to Adobe XI. If that doesn't work pls let me know. If you know for sure that the internal fault is the clockspring, you must have Vida/Dice to calibrate the new one after installation. Installing it alone is an easy process provided you follow the instruction outlined by Vida. I have to be honest, I was a bit scared disconnecting the airbag. Otherwise, pls don't touch that SRS if you don't have the procedure.

Whatever you do, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.
    Last edited by xc90skip; 03-13-2015 at 11:28 PM.

I have a similar problem on my 07 XC70. Mine throws a code and disables ABS/DSTC when I turn the steering wheel all the way to one side, like when parking. It clears itself after about 15min of regular driving. My indy mechanic quoted $485 for the clockspring. I will probably let him do it, since I don't have Vida/Dice.

UPDATE: I ordered a clockspring for $255 and installed it myself. No programming necessary. No more 'DTSC/ABS AntiSkid Service Required' messages!!!
    Last edited by howie2092; 11-27-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    2007 XC70 Lowered 3" with S60AWD springs, V70R sway bars, 18" Atlantis rims, 12" big brake upgrade, JRL resonator mod, IPD skid plate, tweaked wastegate pushrod, stupid fast.

$485 is not bad. The Volvo Dealership wanted $685 from me. The part alone costs me $249 at volvopartswarehouse. With the help of my Vida/Dice, I was able to disarm the airbag system, walked me thru how to to remove/replace the clockspring then calibrate the DSTC via the BCM module. It's very expensive to have someone or at the dealership to remove and replace anything, that's why I decided to invest on a scan tool. I took a gamble and bought a Vida/Dice, version 2014A from China. $105 + $50 shipping. It works, I can almost dismantle anything out of my 2008 Volvo XC90 with confidence (just follow the procedure as presented). I must tell you that I never touch my SUV until recently. Every maintenance /repair is done at the dealership. Now, I pretty much do most. At times, it requires special tools to use but I just ask other members on the forum what other option to use without those special tools. Vida/Dice is a must have if your car/SUV that already passed its warranty.

Since I got my Vida, I've done the following work and about to do other things. These work if done by someone or dealership will cost you lots of $$$. I did not know how to do these before I got my Vida/dice.

Replaced front rotors
    Replaced front disk pads
    Replaced rear rotors
    Replaced rear disk pads
    Flushed brake fluid
    Flushed coolant
    Flushed Transmission Fluid
    Replaced clockspring
    Replaced fuel filter
    Replace air filter/cabin filter
    Replaced Xenon headlights (2 HID bulbs) and calibrate
    Cleaned throttle body
    Replaced induction pipe gaskets
    About to replace front struts, spring seats, strut mount, front control arms/balljoints, and rear shocks
    About to replace accessory drive belt/tensioner pulley/idler pulley, water pump and thermostat assembly
    Last edited by xc90skip; 03-21-2015 at 12:04 AM.

My 2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T has ANTI SKID SERVICE REQUIRED and it was recommended that the clock spring be changed. I bought a new part, #31313084 and replace it but the alarm was still on and none of the control bottoms on the steering wheel worked. I just replaced the part and did not do any calibration. I was confused so I put the old part back, ready to return the new one since I thought it was defective. Should the new one work right away or I need to do something for the horn, cruise control, volume, radio search to work on the wheel, looked like power issues. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by broexpe; 02-06-2016 at 06:49 PM.

hi,
    i've 2013 xc90 with the same problem. i spend around $150 in a dealership for diagnosis. they told that it need to replace the clock spring. They gave me an estimate of $3226.5.
    I'm pretty confident of doing this job myself. help me to find out the right parts online. does it need any software update or calibration after replacing with new parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12