Hello guys, this will be my first post to the new forums, and I am in desperate need of help. Here's how the whole thing starts... I buy a gold 2001 volvo xc70 2.4T from my sister to use as a winter car since I have a mk3 supra that is only for summers. I drive the XC for a week, absolutely love it! But then when I'm almost home from work one day, the car suddenly starts acting horrible and smelling very hot.. I madly pull into my driveway,pull off the oil cap to see that steam was coming out (after engine was shut off)!! Anyway, the next weekend I get to tearing down the whole engine(whilst in the car)with ABSOLUTELY no prior knowledge about Volvos (other than building some toyota engines i.e. the Supra).. fast forward to the moment I pull off the head a realize how badly warped it is. Luckily, I was able to get it resurfaced and stay within spec. So far i have everything back together, with the exception of the timing belt.... I for the love of me cannot seem to figure out how you Volvo people do the timing on these things!!! I have read the XC resource articles by Art and Will, however I am confused by the dang VVT gear on the exhaust!!! in some articles I read, you either have to only have the cam gear teeth lined up or the rear slots horizontal... but then I also read that for the spring loaded VVT gear, that you must lock the rear of the cam and push the VVT gear to the clockwise locking position as you put on the belt... So any advise on which one of those methods to use would be greatly appreciated. I'm just worn out from continuously changing the timing for nothing... I have already checked the compression and the highest I can get it is 125 psi which is at 5300 feet altitude soooo 155ish sea level?? The car cranks but just won't start! I know it has no bent valves and that I already replaced the Cam position sensor.. I've already sunk so much time and money into this, it would be AMAZING if someone could help me through setting that up.