Thread: Nokian WRG3 SUV

Default Nokian WRG3 SUV

Just put on my 3rd set of Nokians. Started with WR SUV, then WRG2 SUV and now the G3 SUVs. I read the reviews and some liked the G2 better but so far these perform fine in Rain and Light Snow/Slush. I feel these drive the best in Wet Snow/Slush out of the previous versions. I will see how they are in Ice and Deeper Snow over this winter. Also the price has remained pretty much the same since I started purchasing these.

I also put a set of Continental CrossContact LX20 EcoPlus on our Pilot. Will see how we like these in winter conditions. So far in Dry/Rain huge improvement over the stock Michelins. I would have put a set of Nokians on but i felt due to the weight of the Pilot they would wear out much faster then i am use to.
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    98 GTI VR6, GIAC tuned, Jetex Exhaust (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Hey jkochis,
    I am in the NY/NJ area and looking to get a set. Did you order them online, or get them local. Also what size did you go with?

I have been using a local tire place since 2002 in my area but STS (http://www.ststire.com/) has good pricing on Nokians and they are all over our area.
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

About 2 weeks ago I installed a set of WRG3 SUVs, and I'm a huge fan. The improvement in traction, ride, and handling generally is considerable. That said, I despised the stock Michelin Eco-somethings that were replaced, so perhaps take this endorsement with a grain of salt. I picked up the set at STS for $165/tire, and had them installed locally.

Had a chance to try them out in some mud this weekend getting the X-mas tree. Very happy, didn't get stuck... Lot's of folks stuck didn't have any issues at all.
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Put our second set of Nokian WR's on about two months ago, they were the G3 SUV's.
    Took a look at what was currently on the market and the Nokians were still the best I could find.
    I had no problems off road with the last set and don;t expect any with this set but a lot of that is due to the AWD system.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S