Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    Thanks for the continuing efforts on the travelogue. Interesting seeing all the hills coming down to the bottom of themselves. Nothing stopping that when the rain comes.

You are actually getting enough rain and flooding and apparently locals complaining about the government not repairing things fast enough that I have seen a few reports our weather channel here.
    Being able to update I must admit is a hell of a lot easier now I have the correct Dongle/Modem that gives me the fastest speed over the mobile network!

I think the Alcatel Dongle is designed for 'City Use' whereas the Huawei Dongle is a darn good 'Out in the Sticks' unit.

We have friends who are much further South in a place called Tan Tan, and they only have 1 road to come back North.

However in searching Morocco media other than the fact that this road is currently 'Closed' as it passes through the town of Guelmin where I believe 40 people lost their lives when a Taxi & Bus tried to cross a bridge that was under water and they got swept away so the folks drowned, they cannot find any information on what is happening and when the ask local people they do not know either!

That is a bit scary!

In speaking with them last night over the Internet they currently have no option but to stay there and hope to be able to move in a few days time.

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2014-2015

Tazerzite, a visit to Tiznit

Sunrise this morning but I didn’t quite ‘stitch’ the 3 sections of the picture together correctly with the camera, but I hope you get the picture….

So after breakfast with a bright blue sky and a temperature on the up to a very nice 24C we set off for the short trip into Tiznit parking just up from the Taxi Rank which was on the opposite side of the road…..

Next up was the traffic island where all the roads meet while in the middle of the picture is one of the two gateways into the Medina…..

As we go around the traffic island we pass the Tourist Information Office which once again is closed…..

Once inside the Medina we head on down the main street passing various fruit & vegetable, butcher, patisserie and general housewares shops ….

Then turning left of the main street down a side street we see all these different doorways......

While off on our right hand side is this alleyway…..

As we get to the end of the side street we come to the inside of the Medina wall….

With another entrance gateway which we just have a quick look to see what is on the other side.....

Which was not a lot so we came back inside and continued along the inside of the Medina wall ….

Turning left down another street we come out in a small open area with some gardens down each side of a one way street, at the top of which are the Army Barracks…..

As we then make our way back to buy some bread and a few vegetables we pass this re-cycled camper or caravan awning now on its second life as a car cover…..

Having got the vegetables and bread we head back to the campsite while this afternoon the Volvo ‘converted bus’ with the other converted camper comes into the campsite and in the process of getting set up on their pitches the rear of each ‘camper’ opens up and an ‘Off Road Quad Bike’ is disgorged from the back end just like Jonah getting out of the Whale....

While then having had a nice relaxing afternoon it was time to get the evening meal ready, so we settled for Spaghetti Bolagnese, and it was very nice ‘thank you’…..

No plans so let’s see what happens tomorrow…..